From Germany to Kazakhstan with a car?

All about Kazakhstan. Experts: Julia, walkingalmaty
convergence

From Germany to Kazakhstan with a car?

Post by convergence »

Hello Caravanistanians,
i plan to go to Kazakhstan in summer this year. I will start from Germany (Berlin) and go through Poland, Belarus and Russia.
Poland is member of the European Union, so i have to pay only for the toll service.
For the other countries like Belarus and Russia I have to pay for a visa.
But for Kazakhstan it isn't needed anymore if I will stay there for 30 days right? So my question is, is this the same if I cross the border with a car, and do i need some more documents for my car? I will take everything with me, my passport, german drivers license and translated international drivers license, car documents (my father is the owner) and car insurance? Do I need something more, for instance that I don't want to sell my car there if they think so..?
Another question is, can I enter Kyrgyzstan also without any visa? Because I want to go to Bishkek from Almaty later.
I'm only confused about the visa stuff, because it seems to be a difference if you enter a country by airplane or by car, like in Belarus, you COULD visit the country visafree under 5 days, but you have to register in Minsk Airport, and only there... so if i travel with car, I must have a visa.. :/

It would be nice to discuss it with you guys and i'm glad about any help!
Alex.
(btw. I'm born in Kazakhstan, but have german citizenship, my travelling companion is russian and have dual citizenship, german and russian, he won't need any visa, so struggle-free for him...)
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: From Germany to Kazakhstan with a car?

Post by steven »

https://caravanistan.com/visa/kyrgyzstan
https://caravanistan.com/transport/driving/kazakhstan

No difference how you come into the country. You don't need other documents.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

convergence

Post by convergence »

Thank you very much for your reply!
Do you know if I have to register myself in the police station within 5 days or not anymore?

Alex.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D