M32 through Kazakhstan

All about Kazakhstan. Experts: Julia, walkingalmaty
ASpeed

M32 through Kazakhstan

Post by ASpeed »

Hi Steven! Do you have any recent information on the state of the M32? We are travelling on 2 motorcycles from Samara, Russia, to Bishkek, about to leave Samara in a couple od days' time. I have read your post on Driving in Kazakstan but recent updates would be helpful for us, and in particular the M32. Many thanks! Anne
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: M32 through Kazakhstan

Post by steven »

Hi Anne, I don't have recent updates, but as I recall, this is a glorious road in Russia and Northern Kazakhstan. Otherwise well maintained, no Problems I think .

If you don't mind, please send some pictures of the various stages and a small report to my E-Mail, I would be very grateful.

Thank you!!
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

ASpeed

Post by ASpeed »

Thanks Steven. Will send photos and update once we're in Bishkek. Cheers. Anne
0 x

ASpeed

Post by ASpeed »

As promised here's how we found the M32 - from Samara to Kyzylorda

Completed this route between 11 & 15 July 2014

Various reports from previous years had indicated a significant amount of road works and associated diversions. We have found that the M32 is now in extremely good condition from Samara to Baikoniur, with only a couple of short sections under construction, which I expect to be finished this summer. Baikoniur to Kyzylorda has many bridge & culvert replacements underway, with appropriate dirt and dusty detours of good gravel, bull dust or sandy patches. Last 30 km to Kyzylorda has new road being built, with longer diversions, should be completed by end of this summer. Note that not all petrol stations may be open en-route although we had no problems and never went below 1/3 of a tank of petrol as we refuelled at every opportunity. (BMW F700GS.) (Weather: Sunny, approx. 30 to 34 celsius)

Anne.
PS don't seem to be able to attach photos as they're too large sorry
0 x

Mikael

Post by Mikael »

On bicycles we chose to go left on the road to Zhalagash and follow the main road from there to Kyzylorda. Condition of road is good.
0 x