Getting a SIM card in Kyrgyzstan

All about Kazakhstan. Experts: Julia, walkingalmaty
guido

Getting a SIM card in Kyrgyzstan

Post by guido »

I've read the dedicated page on the website, but the info seem to be a few years old and anyway I'm wondering if there's any card that could work as well in kyrgyzstan.. or anyway, which sim card do you suggest to get?

Thanks
0 x

olmo

Re: SIM card

Post by olmo »

Pretty sure there's no reasonably priced roaming, just check the country pages on http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/ ... egory:Asia for prices etc. Buying sim cards in both countries is easy and painless, and cheap. If you meet fellow travelers coming the other way, ask them too if they have a card they no longer need! :)
0 x

Julia
Kazakhstan expert
Kazakhstan expert

Post by Julia »

You can buy Beeline sim card in Kazakhstan. It has good coverage in Kazakhstan.
If you go to Kyrgyzstan with that sim card than you have buy roaming service. There is no mobile company that would work both in Kazakhstan in Kyrgyzstan without roaming.
There is Super visa package for Beeline sim cards for roaming. Costs 2000 tenge. Gives you 1 GB of Internet and 30 mins calls for using abroad.
It's good price for roaming. But if you buy a Kyrgyz sim card in Kyrgyzstan than it'll be cheaper than using Kazakh sim card abroad.
Also remember that Beeline may have no coverage if you go to some rural distant areas in Kyrgyzstan. There can be other local mobile companies. For cities it's good.
2 x

guido

Post by guido »

Yeah I imagined it would be better to get two sim cards, but I was hoping since the two countries share a lot it would be possible to find a better solution if not, just to avoid spending time looking for another sim card, anc changing it, etc.

Thanks both of you, but especially Julia that is helping me a lot in different threads! Very appreciated!
0 x