Kolsai to Kaindy Lake on Foot

All about Kazakhstan. Experts: Julia, walkingalmaty
gaz457

Kolsai to Kaindy Lake on Foot

Post by gaz457 »

Hi! I was wondering if anyone knows a map or app that shows the route on foot between Kolsai and Kaindy Lakes. I was hoping to not go all the way back to Saty Village and save some time but Google Maps and MapsMe don't show a path between the two...

Thanks!
0 x

Julia
Kazakhstan expert
Kazakhstan expert

Re: Kolsai to Kaindy Lake on Foot

Post by Julia »

Hi.
I hiked from Kolsay 2 to Kaindy through the mountains.
There is no trek. I think hardly anyone walkes there. The path is sometimes visible, sometimes you have to walk through bushes. Totally it took me 2 days with one night in the middle of route. And I'm an experienced hiker.
So if you want just to save time it's definitely better to go back to Saty and to Kaindy by car. It'll take you just a few hours instead of two days hiking.
2 x

gaz457

Post by gaz457 »

Thanks for the info! I will probably run to Kaindy one day from Saty and the to Kolsai the next then... The river isn't too deep to cross on foot is it?
0 x

Julia
Kazakhstan expert
Kazakhstan expert

Post by Julia »

gaz457 wrote:Thanks for the info! I will probably run to Kaindy one day from Saty and the to Kolsai the next then... The river isn't too deep to cross on foot is it?
Hi
We crossed the river on foot, it's not too deep at all. But we had to take our shoes off. It was in August.
Now there are already snow there. So I guess the water will be freezing cold. Need good waterproof shoes or look for a shallow crossing part.
1 x

Epicbreathingfoot

Post by Epicbreathingfoot »

Hello. I understand almost no one does this but we want to do it this summer. Does anyone know the best route to follow? Or at least where to start from Kol-Sai?
0 x