Longterm parking in Kazakhstan

All about Kazakhstan. Experts: Julia, walkingalmaty
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Longterm parking in Kazakhstan

Post by steven »

Need a parking space for your car or motorbike in Kazakhstan? Have a good tip? Please leave your thoughts below.

If you are wondering about the exact rules about leaving your car in Kazakhstan, please post in Long-term vehicle storage in Eurasian Customs Union Q&A.

We sum up all tips and rules surrounding long-term parking across Eurasia in our article on Long-term vehicle storage on a Silk Road trip.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

campingoncloudnine

Longterm parking in Kazakhstan

Post by campingoncloudnine »

Hello,

My girlfriend and I want to leave our car in Kazakhstan for a few months and travel to Southeast Asia.

Does anyone have experience with longterm parking in Almaty or anywhere else in Kazakhstan? At the airport, in a garage, camping or maybe a hostel/guesthouse? And how much it would cost?

Kind regards,

Alissa and Ewald
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Longterm parking in Almaty

Post by steven »

Download the 2GIS app, search for parking. There are 100s of paid, guarded parking spaces in Almaty. Count around 1$/day, bit more or less depending on region and if you want a box, a roof, or just under the open sky.
1 x

JamesJohnston02

Post by JamesJohnston02 »

Hi,
I’m currently riding a motorcycle from UK to India (via Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Iran and Pakistan). I’m hoping to store my bike for 5 weeks in Almaty, whilst I fly to Southeast Asia to meet my girlfriend, but I’m struggling to find anywhere suitable.
Does anyone have any contacts in the Almaty region?
Thanks,
James
0 x

oddvaro

Re: Longterm parking in Almaty

Post by oddvaro »

Hi,
I have downloaded the 2GIS app and found 100´s of parking lots in Almaty. The problem is that I do not speak or read the language. Can anybody help me find a guarded secure parking where I am guaranteed to find my car upon return? We are leaving the car in Almaty on July 10th and returning August 8th. Any english speaking contacts in Almaty would be appreciated. Thank you.

PS We are a young couple (aged 65 and 69) from Norway
0 x

littlehouse

Post by littlehouse »

hi, yesterday I send request email for longterm parking in Almaty. I am waiting for their reply. I dont know if they speak english yet.
http://www.selfstoragecity.kz
http://zipsklad.kz
0 x

Samlepompier

Post by Samlepompier »

Hello,

I arrived Almaty today loking for a parking spot. Did you have any responces ?
I did find a solution with the ironhorsenomad company, but they ask 40$ a month for a uncovered place so...
0 x

Jemshort

Long term parking over Winter in Almaty

Post by Jemshort »

Hi All,
I'm looking for some long term parking for a car in Almaty. It's for over Winter so somewhere undercover would be ideal. Any suggestions? I will ofcourse ask around when I get to Almaty
in a few days but recommendations would be welcome!
Thanks
0 x

wtdunlop

Post by wtdunlop »

Hello,

Just wondering if any of you had any success in finding a long term park in Almaty.
I'm looking to park a car there over winter (Oct-March), in a safe/guarded car park complex.
Any recommendations of places to do so or advice on doing this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much and I look forward to hearing from you!
Will
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Not sure if anyone has read the article linked at the top here. It does offer a rather simple solution: https://caravanistan.com/transport/driv ... king-space
0 x