By car (4WD) from Bartogay to Saty

All about Kazakhstan. Experts: Julia, walkingalmaty
Borek

By car (4WD) from Bartogay to Saty

Post by Borek »

Hi to all, I am going to Almaty next wednesday and I can't find route from Bartogay Lake to Saty. I will visit Charyn , than I want go to Bartogay Lake over Kokpek. After Bartogay I want go to Saty and Kolsai and Kaindy lakes. Do you have any idea if is possible from Bartogay go directly to Saty? I dont want go back to Kokpek and around Charyn. I will have Toyota 4X4 SUV. Thank you very much.
0 x

Julia
Kazakhstan expert
Kazakhstan expert

Re: By car (4WD) from Bartogay to Stay

Post by Julia »

Hi.
There is the road on the map from Bartogay - Sarytau - Zhinishke - Algabas - Karabulak - Saty.
If you don't feel like going through Kokpek again you could try this way. It doesn't look like it'll be much faster than going through Kokpek though. 
Direct route from Zhinishke to Saty is doubtful. Some locals say there is a kind of way but difficult and dangerous off-road type of route. If you drive on your own (no other cars accompany you) than probably it's risky to try that way. As an option you can drive to Zhinishke and ask local shepherds what they advise.
And one more option is to go from Almaty to Saty first, on way back visit Charyn, then Bartogay. Or visit Bartogay and Charyn on your way to Saty. That's how usually drivers do.
You can also go from Bartogay to Assy plateau. And then through Turgen valley to Almaty. If have enough time Assy and Turgen worth to visit.
3 x

Borek

Post by Borek »

Hi Julia, thank you. I have five days there. Maybe I will visit Bartogay first, than I will go to Charyn and from Charyn to Saty to the lakes. After that I want go to Assy plateau to the observatory, than to Almaty.
0 x

Julia
Kazakhstan expert
Kazakhstan expert

Post by Julia »

Borek wrote:Hi Julia, thank you. I have five days there. Maybe I will visit Bartogay first, than I will go to Charyn and from Charyn to Saty to the lakes. After that I want go to Assy plateau to the observatory, than to Almaty.
Sounds like a great plan.
The weather forecast for the week is mix of rain and sun.
Keep in mind that the road to the observatory is unpaved mountain road. Light rain is not a problem, but heavy rain makes the road more difficult.
Anyway, enjoy your trip!
0 x

mazeno
Driving expert
Driving expert

Post by mazeno »

don't get the road togyzbulak-kensu-taldy-shyrganak-kegen, on the part togyzbulak-shyrganak it is more than horrible. it can destroy any car.
1 x
rgds -
mazeno

Borek

Post by Borek »

Thank you very much, I saw forecast, I hope it will be good. Do you have any idea if I can bring drone with me?
0 x

OWNER

Re: By car (4WD) from Bartogay to Saty

Post by OWNER »

Perhaps, after the end of the epidemic and the elimination of restrictions, many tourists will want to come to Kazakhstan and take a drone with them. In Kazakhstan, there is a "Procedure for the operation of unmanned aerial vehicles", according to which UAVs with a maximum take-off weight of more than 1.5 kg are subject to registration. The full text of the document is here (official site)
More details about the Bartogay - Asy - Turgen road a little later.

2 x

Lovetheworld

Re: By car (4WD) from Bartogay to Saty

Post by Lovetheworld »

Most consumer drones are much lighter than 1.5kg, so thats good.
0 x