Kyrgyzstan coronavirus travel re-opening/restrictions Q&A

All about Kyrgyzstan.
04Morley

Re: Kyrgyzstan coronavirus travel re-opening/restrictions Q&A

Post by 04Morley »

Hi,

We didn't need a PCR test for the border. We're not sure if vehicles are allowed or not. Everyone told us the border was closed but we think maybe it's just open for tourists. Unsure, sorry!
0 x

el_pescador

Post by el_pescador »

My buddy decided to attempt to cross the border at Kyzl Art on foot yesterday from Tajikistan into Kyrgyzstan after reading all of the reports of people successfully crossing recently on this thread. The Tajiks let me him out no questions asked, he then walked the 20 km down to the Bordoba checkpoint on the Kyrgyz side. It turns out that the Kyrgyz recently had some kind of policy change and they are no longer letting anybody in. The border guards refused to let him through but at least they let him spend the night with them and drove him back to the Tajik checkpoint in the morning. His visa was only single entry so the Tajik border guards didn't let him back in until he gave them all of the cash that he had on him. Crossing from Kyrgyzstan into Tajikistan may still be possible however the policies at that border crossing are clearly subject to change.
1 x

nickd

Post by nickd »

I called Kyrgyz embassy in Dushanbe, asked if border crossing between Isfara and Batken is open. They said it's closed for tourists. Andijan to Osh, they said is still open
2 x