What gear do I need for multi-day horse treks?

All about Kyrgyzstan.
jamesfontane

What gear do I need for multi-day horse treks?

Post by jamesfontane »

I'm going to be in Kyrgyzstan for 14 days from late June to the second week of July. And I'm planning on doing some multi-day horse treks using some local CBT offices.

What equipment will I need to bring myself and what will be provided by the guides?

Do I need to bring a sleeping bag and water purification? I hope I don't need to lug a sleeping bag around, because I'm also going to Uzbekistan before and would hate to take that bulky thing with me there.

Also, any other tips or advice you think might be helpful?

Thanks
0 x

jml

Re: What gear do I need for multi-day horse treks?

Post by jml »

All yurt camps provide quilts, but they are not washed every day so you can bring a sleeping bag liner if you want. It depends where you are going. It could get quite cold when it gets dark at high altitude. Bring warm clothes. It would also be very helpful to have a head lamp and a power bank.

We had a water filter with us but never used it. As there are a lot of cattle around, we prefer not to drink the water and at yurt camps they will serve you tea all the time. We had a bottle of water with us for a 4-day trip and we didn’t even finish the whole bottle.

Hope it helps!
0 x

jamesfontane

Re: What gear do I need for multi-day horse treks?

Post by jamesfontane »

That's very helpful. Thank you!
0 x