Really (almost) no accomodation next week in Bishkek

All about Kyrgyzstan.
Nik1

Really (almost) no accomodation next week in Bishkek

Post by Nik1 »

Hey, I noticed that there are very very few accomodations with available rooms left in Bishkek next week ? Is this really true? There shouldn't be too many tourist left in central Asia since season is coming to end I would assume. Or is anything special happening?
0 x

Christian77
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Re: Really (almost) no accomodation next week in Bishkek

Post by Christian77 »

Special? Yes, Russia's "special operation" is running out of soldiers. A few days ago Putin started drafting/conscripting from the general population. So Russian men are fleeing to other countries. They are filling up the hostels and cheap accommodation. Same deal for Dushanbe and Osh. Not sure about other (bigger) cities.
2 x

sebhoff

Post by sebhoff »

Yep - quite a few youngish male Russians hanging out at the Golden Hotel in Bishkek. They don’t look like regular tourists…
1 x

Rufio

Post by Rufio »

Yep. Mother Russia is coming back to the ex-USSR countries and wiping out its accommodations in the hundreds of thousands. (I mean this literally)
0 x

evyamcs

Post by evyamcs »

After hearing similar stories from Osh and Tashkent, this happened to us in Bishkek on Fri 30 Sep.

We had booked at Apple Hostel, the day before we were due to arrive. When we got to the hotel they said they'd overbooked due to a system error and we couldn't stay.

In the hotel's defence, they had messaged me immediately on booking.com's chat in the app, which I never saw! Hence I genuinely believe it was a system error.

The staff were really helpful in finding an alternative, offering us a very cheap mattress in a laundry room (500 som, which we didn't use) and a double room at Solto House (4000 som), which was lovely, though is not on Google or any online maps.

Booking.com also agreed to cover the additional costs we incurred due to the system error.

So if you do find yourself in this situation, it is not all doom and gloom. I'd suggest contacting booking.com immediately and keeping all receipts.
3 x

AreWeThereYet?

Post by AreWeThereYet? »

I have a friend in Yerevan who confirmed that the rental market there just exploded thanks to the influx of Russians escapees.
0 x
www.awtytravels.com
Stories from the road.

Rufio

Post by Rufio »

evyamcs wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:37 am
After hearing similar stories from Osh and Tashkent, this happened to us in Bishkek on Fri 30 Sep.

I arrived in Bishkek on 30th too. Luckily after making my booking I contacted my hostel directly to double confirm the reservation because I knew the accommodation situation was in the gutter.

I booked via hostelworld which is unsual for me (I use Booking 99% of the time, but had to use multiple platforms to seek accommodation). The hostel told me they didn't have access to hostelworld, not sure why, but it was good i contacted them because then I just booked direct with them through Whatsapp after they told me this, otherwise I would have shown up after a 11 hour bus ride from Osh and they would have no idea on the existence of my booking with them. Unfortunately another guest who also did this same thing of booking through hostelworld but did not confirm the booking, showed up and did not have a place.

I'll continue to do this from now on too.
0 x