Toktogul to son-kol

All about Kyrgyzstan.
Ewoud8

Toktogul to son-kol

Postby Ewoud8 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:07 pm

Hello

Today me and my girlfriend are in toktogul (we came here by bus from osh) without a car.

We would like to go to the son kol lake, but without going to bisjkek first (seen enough big cities in central asia now). So i was wondering if it is possible to go to the son kol lake in two days: first with the bus to bisjkek and stop at the split between the road to bisjkek and son kul, find there something to sleep and next day taxi or any other transport to the lake?

Or is this idea too complex (we do not have lots of time: we have to be back at almaty the 25th of juli and would like to visit the issyk kul and charyn canyon too) and should we just go first to bisjkek and then to the lake or just skip the lake?

Thank you in advance
1 x

saule
Kazakhstan expert
Kazakhstan expert

Re: Toktogul to son-kol

Postby saule » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:06 am

I think you can still visit the lake. But first, you need to go to Kochkor. From there catch a shared taxi to Song Kol.
0 x
Saule at Caravanistan team

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:23 am

saule wrote:I think you can still visit the lake. But first, you need to go to Kochkor. From there catch a shared taxi to Song Kol.
\

That's not correct, though. You can go through Suusamyr from Toktogul by taxi, that would be the quickest way.

But you're right, not by public transport.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

HeleneZ

Postby HeleneZ » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:24 am

We're trying to get to Toktogul from the south of Issyk Kul (in order to catch a bus or share taxi to Jalal-Abad/ then Arslanbob). We also prefer not to go back to Bishkek. Is it possible to do this via marshrutka or share taxi, perhaps via Balykchy?
0 x