Border Zone Permit Kyrgyzstan

All about Kyrgyzstan.
ErwinBeumer

Border Zone Permit Kyrgyzstan

Post by ErwinBeumer »

This week, I go with nine friends to Kyrgyzstan. We travel around with rental cars and we need a Border Zone Permit to visit the area around Köl-Suu. Do you know how I can get this permit?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Border Zone Permit Kyrgyzstan

Post by steven »

You need to talk to a tour operator. Almost all of them are able to do it. Try Kubat tour in Naryn, they might have a better price than others.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

patuszak

Post by patuszak »

Hi, I'm trying to find the full list/map of places in Kyrgyzstan where you need a permit to enter. However it seems to be quite a big deal. I even translated a Russian document I found on Caravanistan website but it's hard for me to understand this formal language. So I'd like to ask if I need a border permit to travel this route? (points 1-7). Thank you in advance for sharing the info.
http://bit.ly/2VIDu3E

In addition, I'd like to recommend you the tool which I used to prepare the route - I really appreciate it for showing elevation.
0 x
Trip 2019 on a motorbike: from Poland to Kazakhstan through: Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Macedonia, Kosovo, Albania, Slovenia, Turkey, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Iran, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan

cristiano

Post by cristiano »

patuszak wrote:Hi, I'm trying to find the full list/map of places in Kyrgyzstan where you need a permit to enter. However it seems to be quite a big deal. I even translated a Russian document I found on Caravanistan website but it's hard for me to understand this formal language. So I'd like to ask if I need a border permit to travel this route? (points 1-7). Thank you in advance for sharing the info.

In addition, I'd like to recommend you the tool which I used to prepare the route - I really appreciate it for showing elevation.
no border zone permit required on that route AFAIK
1 x

patuszak

Post by patuszak »

cristiano wrote:
patuszak wrote:Hi, I'm trying to find the full list/map of places in Kyrgyzstan where you need a permit to enter. However it seems to be quite a big deal. I even translated a Russian document I found on Caravanistan website but it's hard for me to understand this formal language. So I'd like to ask if I need a border permit to travel this route? (points 1-7). Thank you in advance for sharing the info.

no border zone permit required on that route AFAIK
Thank you so much! 🙏🙏🙏
0 x
Trip 2019 on a motorbike: from Poland to Kazakhstan through: Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Macedonia, Kosovo, Albania, Slovenia, Turkey, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Iran, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan

mazeno
Driving expert
Driving expert

Post by mazeno »

definitely not.
you will meet a lot of lorries near the point 6 (there is a goldmine dzamgyr), the track is very dusty there.
1 x
rgds -
mazeno