Kyrgyzstan coronavirus travel re-opening/restrictions Q&A

All about Kyrgyzstan.
04Morley

Re: Kyrgyzstan coronavirus travel re-opening/restrictions Q&A

Post by 04Morley »

Hi,

We didn't need a PCR test for the border. We're not sure if vehicles are allowed or not. Everyone told us the border was closed but we think maybe it's just open for tourists. Unsure, sorry!
0 x

el_pescador

Post by el_pescador »

My buddy decided to attempt to cross the border at Kyzl Art on foot yesterday from Tajikistan into Kyrgyzstan after reading all of the reports of people successfully crossing recently on this thread. The Tajiks let me him out no questions asked, he then walked the 20 km down to the Bordoba checkpoint on the Kyrgyz side. It turns out that the Kyrgyz recently had some kind of policy change and they are no longer letting anybody in. The border guards refused to let him through but at least they let him spend the night with them and drove him back to the Tajik checkpoint in the morning. His visa was only single entry so the Tajik border guards didn't let him back in until he gave them all of the cash that he had on him. Crossing from Kyrgyzstan into Tajikistan may still be possible however the policies at that border crossing are clearly subject to change.
1 x

nickd

Post by nickd »

I called Kyrgyz embassy in Dushanbe, asked if border crossing between Isfara and Batken is open. They said it's closed for tourists. Andijan to Osh, they said is still open
3 x

njorka

Post by njorka »

I have successfully crossed with Serbian passport from Kyrgyzstan into Uzbekistan on the 6th of November (Madaniyat border, Jalal-Abad region). PCR done at the Uzbek side of the border. The price is 130000 Uzbek soms, or 1100 Kyrgyz soms. The bank card didn't work, apparently they accept only Uzbek ones.
After one week, I've crossed back into Kyrgyzstan at Dostlik. PCR done at the Kyrgyz post for 700 Kyrgyz soms.
Everything was very smooth both ways.
0 x

njorka

Post by njorka »

It appears that Kyrgyzstan is imposing an entry ban for some, and a mandatory PCR test regardless the vaccination status for everyone.

https://24.kg/english/215513_Kyrgyzstan ... M8YNQoSZvU
0 x

plov7

Post by plov7 »

No masks, vaccination or PCR certificate checks at Korday-Ak-Zhol land border crossing earlier this week but they could still be asked for and used for extortion by border officers.

Bonetsky Laboratory PCR test cost 1372 KGS with paper and digital certificate within 24 hours.

Infomed at visa department in Bishkek that 'green corridor' visa overstay without penalty active until March 1, 2022. Building address was 10 Togolok Moldo
https://2gis.kg/bishkek/geo/15763234351 ... C42.871751
https://mfa.gov.kg/en/department/Depart ... e/page/882
..not 58 Kievskaya.
https://2gis.kg/bishkek/geo/15763234351 ... C42.874032
https://caravanistan.com/visa/kyrgyzsta ... -extension
0 x

katiewongcw

Post by katiewongcw »

Is it possible to take bus from Almaty to Kyrgyzstan now?
0 x

CanitelRaas

Post by CanitelRaas »

Hi all,

I am planning/hoping to cycle from (Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan on to) Tajikistan to Kyrgyzstan and cross the border at Bor Dobo / Kyzylart this summer. I've been looking for an explanation why some could and others could not cross the border at Kyzylart. The travel advice of the Canadian government for Kyrgyzstan contains a link to an order of the Kyrgyz government (in Russian). According to Google Translate it currently, among other things, stipulates:
In order to ensure the national security of the Kyrgyz Republic (...):

1. Suspend from April 29, 2021 the passage of persons, goods and vehicles from (to) the Republic (y) of Tajikistan at the checkpoints "Kulundu-avtodorozhny", "Kairagach-avtodorozhny", "Kyzyl-Bel-avtodorozhny", "Bordobo- road" and "Karamyk-road" on the Kyrgyz-Tajik section of the state border, until further notice, except for:
- citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic and the Republic of Tajikistan returning to their homeland;
- employees of diplomatic missions of the Kyrgyz Republic and the Republic of Tajikistan, employees of international organizations (...);
- (...)
From the underlined words (underlining done by me) I conclude foreign tourists currently cannot cross the border from Tajikistan to Kyrgyzstan at the mentioned border crossings, since the passage of persons is banned. I am not sure how to interpret "(to)" but I guess it means foreign tourists also cannot exit Kyrgyzstan at the mentioned border crossings.

The order was amended a few times. Older versions are accessible in the drop down menu in the top right corner. The amended order of 21 July 2021 (valid until 30 September 2021) stipulated acording to Google Translate:
In order to ensure the national security of the Kyrgyz Republic (...):

1. From April 29, 2021, introduce temporary restrictions on entry, exit, stay, movement and transit through the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic of citizens of the Republic of Tajikistan, as well as restrict the passage of goods and vehicles to (from) the Republic of Tajikistan at the checkpoints "Kulundu-avtodorozhny ”, “Kairagach-avtodorozhny”, “Kyzyl-Bel-avtodorozhny”, “Bordobo-avtodorozhny” and “Karamyk-avtodorozhny”, located on the Kyrgyz-Tajik state border, until further notice, except for:
- citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic and the Republic of Tajikistan returning to their homeland;
- employees of diplomatic missions of the Kyrgyz Republic and the Republic of Tajikistan and members of their families;
- (...)
Underlining done by me again. So until 30 September 2021 the restrictions applied to citizens of the Republic of Tajikistan and vehicles to (from) the Republic of Tajikistan, but not to foreign tourists. If a bicycle does not qualify as a vehicle, that might explain why people were able to cross the border until 30 September 2021, but others were declined entry from 30 September 2021 when the passage of (all) persons was banned.

Has someone tried to cross the Bor Dobo / Kyzylart border recently? Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.
0 x

storymilo

Post by storymilo »

katiewongcw wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:59 am
I crossed from Almaty to Bishkek on March 31, 2022. The marshrutkas are not running at the moment, but you can take a taxi (you can find a cab using the inDriver app, which can also help you find people to split the fare with). The border crossing was painless (I have a US passport so can enter visa-free) and marshrutkas and taxis are running to Bishkek on the Kyrgyz side of the border. They did require a negative PCR test to enter the country.

However, you can't cross into Kazakhstan over the land border, so if you are planning to return to Almaty, you'll need to fly.
1 x

katiewongcw

Post by katiewongcw »

storymilo wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:25 am
katiewongcw wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:59 am
I crossed from Almaty to Bishkek on March 31, 2022. The marshrutkas are not running at the moment, but you can take a taxi (you can find a cab using the inDriver app, which can also help you find people to split the fare with). The border crossing was painless (I have a US passport so can enter visa-free) and marshrutkas and taxis are running to Bishkek on the Kyrgyz side of the border. They did require a negative PCR test to enter the country.

However, you can't cross into Kazakhstan over the land border, so if you are planning to return to Almaty, you'll need to fly.
Thanks for your information, which mean I need to undertake PCR test in Kazakhstan even if I have vaccinated?
0 x