Re: Kyrgyzstan coronavirus travel re-opening/restrictions Q&A

Post by storymilo »

katiewongcw wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:16 am
storymilo wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:25 am
katiewongcw wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:59 am
Is it possible to take bus from Almaty to Kyrgyzstan now?
I crossed from Almaty to Bishkek on March 31, 2022. The marshrutkas are not running at the moment, but you can take a taxi (you can find a cab using the inDriver app, which can also help you find people to split the fare with). The border crossing was painless (I have a US passport so can enter visa-free) and marshrutkas and taxis are running to Bishkek on the Kyrgyz side of the border. They did require a negative PCR test to enter the country.

However, you can't cross into Kazakhstan over the land border, so if you are planning to return to Almaty, you'll need to fly.
Thanks for your information, which mean I need to undertake PCR test in Kazakhstan even if I have vaccinated?
Yes, I was asked for a negative PCR, not for vaccination.
0 x

Iskandar

Post by Iskandar »

The landsborder will be open on April 11.
https://www.inform.kz/en/kazakhstan-to- ... n_a3919981
2 x

gabisk

Post by gabisk »

And for the maritim border ? Baku to Kazakhstan with ferry? Someone have news ?
0 x

B7474U3

Post by B7474U3 »

storymilo wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:46 pm
katiewongcw wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:16 am
storymilo wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:25 am

I crossed from Almaty to Bishkek on March 31, 2022. The marshrutkas are not running at the moment, but you can take a taxi (you can find a cab using the inDriver app, which can also help you find people to split the fare with). The border crossing was painless (I have a US passport so can enter visa-free) and marshrutkas and taxis are running to Bishkek on the Kyrgyz side of the border. They did require a negative PCR test to enter the country.

However, you can't cross into Kazakhstan over the land border, so if you are planning to return to Almaty, you'll need to fly.
Thanks for your information, which mean I need to undertake PCR test in Kazakhstan even if I have vaccinated?
Yes, I was asked for a negative PCR, not for vaccination.
Is a PCR just required for land borders?

According to the UK FCO website and IATA Travel Centre a PCR is not needed if fully vaccinated (I think it allegedly changed in mid- February).
0 x

gabisk

Post by gabisk »

Hello, same question again about PCR test. I'm in Almaty, I had a Kyrgyzstan border post called to find out if it is open, Kara Valley (it is), and they told me that I need a PCR test. I don't speak Russian, so it wasn't me on the phone, I couldn't get more details. I am vaccinated, 3 doses, and on the foreign affairs site of France, I am told that is where the complete vaccination or the pcr test. But not both. Unable to get information On the Kyrgyz side. Anyone have any info on this please
0 x

B7474U3

Post by B7474U3 »

Most of what I find online seems to indicate that a PCR is not required if fully vaccinated (although I think the Irish embassy still says that a PCR is required).

This seems to be the most “official” guidance I can find from the Kyrgyz side (from the embassy in Switzerland):

https://mfa.gov.kg/en/dm/Embassy-of-the ... news/16828

This quite clearly states that it is PCR or Vaccine (not both) and details which vaccine certificates are acceptable. According to the website this change took place on the 1st March.

It’s concerning however when officials at the border are asking for a PCR test. What happens if you don’t have one - despite the fact you don’t seem to need one if vaccinated?
0 x

gabisk

Post by gabisk »

Hello, I went to the Kyrgyzstan consulate in Almaty and they confirmed to me that it is where one or the other is. Without any hesitation.
0 x

B7474U3

Post by B7474U3 »

https://www.traveloffpath.com/armenia-a ... uirements/

Looks like all Covid entry requirements have been lifted as of the 1st May.
1 x

gabisk

Post by gabisk »

I Cross the border 3 days ago from Kazakhstan to Kirghizistan, in karakol, and they asked me absolutely nothing.
2 x

B7474U3

Post by B7474U3 »

I went through Bishkek airport a couple of weeks ago. There was no mask wearing, no Covid checks and no immigration forms to complete. The immigration official just takes your photo, stamps your passport and you’re good to go!
1 x