Kyrgyzstan coronavirus travel re-opening/restrictions Q&A

All about Kyrgyzstan.
royalenfield

Kyrgyzstan coronavirus travel re-opening/restrictions Q&A

Post by royalenfield »

Kyrgyzstan opening borders, as long as you have PCT test

Not sure from when, though

https://24.kg/vlast/175697_vozobnovlen_ ... imet_ptsr/

The government of Kyrgyzstan decided to resume the passage of citizens of foreign states and stateless persons into the country arriving through the checkpoints of the international airports "Manas", "Osh", "Issyk-Kul". This was reported by the Foreign Ministry.

According to the ministry, visitors are required to comply with the requirements of action algorithms to prevent the import and spread of COVID-19.

The Ministry recalls that in accordance with the specified algorithms, foreigners and stateless persons are allowed on board an aircraft traveling to the Kyrgyz Republic, upon presentation of the results of a PCR study, indicating the absence of coronavirus infection, conducted over the past 72 hours (three days).

After arriving in the Kyrgyz Republic, the employees of the sanitary and quarantine points will also check the availability of PCR test results. The temperature will be measured for passengers on board.

It is specified that in the event of the expiration of the PCR test for objective reasons related to the duration of the flight or flight delay, foreigners and stateless persons are required to undergo a PCR test at the place of arrival.

In addition, in order to ensure international monitoring of the elections of the President and deputies of the Jogorku Kenesh, scheduled for 2021, the Cabinet of Ministers made a decision to let foreign citizens go to the country as international observers at the invitation of the Foreign Ministry.
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Kyrgyzstan to open borders to all foreigners

Post by steven »

It looks like it's starting immediately?
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

royalenfield

Post by royalenfield »

Yes. From yesterday, it is confirmed.

But fly in only, no land border yet
1 x

Jealgu

Post by Jealgu »

Interesting, any opinions from an ethical perspective whether we should travel to Kyrgyzstan?

On a sidenote: I read about a similar arrangement for Pakistan. So there might be a few options next summer, wonder whether otger Central Asian countries open up.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

What exactly do you mean by ethical perspective, Jealgu?

It is very easy to make sure the money you spend in Kyrgyzstan will go to the people who need it the most.
0 x

Jealgu

Post by Jealgu »

Thats true, but what about the risk of bringing in Covid. It might not be detectable 72 hours beforehand, while you still have it.
0 x

Julia
Kazakhstan expert
Kazakhstan expert

Post by Julia »

If 72 hours is an issue you can self isolate for extra days. And can re-test afterwards.
I personally don't see any problems with travelers who travel now if they take measures to prevent any infections they may have from spreading. Like don't sneeze and cough on others, don't kiss and other physical close contacts, etc.
2 x

Wesley

Re: Kyrgyzstan coronavirus travel re-opening/restrictions Q&A

Post by Wesley »

After a lot (and I mean a lot!) of reading this excellent site and forum and devouring all the valuable information collected, I plan to soon (in May) set my first steps in Central Asia, and I will certainly report back with any experiences and information! The plan is to visit Uzbekistan, but I am now wondering whether an extension into Kyrgyzstan is feasible.

So, in short, the question is: any updates on land border crossings for European citizens (particularly at Dostyk)? In my case, it would only concern entry - I would fly back home out of Bishkek. Thanks a lot!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

I actually did get an update today. This is from a tour operator, I have not been able to find an official source yet, did not get any confirmation from the Uzbek side either so it's definitely not certain.

Good afternoon!
The tourist season has been opened!
Travellers can fly to Kyrgyzstan through the airports of Bishkek and Osh.
Land borders are still closed, except for the Duslik border between Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan. List of tourists who can cross this border is attached.
Travellers need to have a PCR test with a negative result, obtained no later than 72 hours before arrival.

List of countries that can cross the Duslik border

1.Russia
2. Georgia
3. Azerbaijan
4. Armenia
5. Belarus
6. Kazakhstan
7. Turkmenistan
8. Belgium
9. Austria
10. United Kingdom
11. Germany
12. Ireland
13. Iceland
14.Italy
15. Latvia
16. Lithuania
17. Liechtenstein
18.Luxemburg
19. Portugal
20.Turkey
21.Switzerland
22.Sweden
23. Qatar
24. UAE
25. China
26. Malaysia
27.South Korea
28. Pakistan
29. Slovenia
30. Kuwait
31. Japan
32. Uzbekistan
33. Hungary
2 x

Wesley

Post by Wesley »

Excellent - thank you very much!

Will be an interesting one for me: my country of permanent residence is on the list, but that of my citizenship is not. Will ponder on this for a bit (and perhaps get a Russian translation of my residence permit).
0 x