Kyrgyzstan coronavirus travel re-opening/restrictions Q&A

All about Kyrgyzstan.
Iskandar

Re: Kyrgyzstan coronavirus travel re-opening/restrictions Q&A

Post by Iskandar »

04Morley wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:43 pm
Hi, does anyone have any more info on the state of land borders from Tajik to Kygryz? I'm particularly interested in Kyzyl-Art pass, am getting conflicting reports. Thanks.
One travel agent from Tajikistan, told me that is not allow cross the borders between both countries. Also there is not flights from Bishkek to Dushanbe. All ways must be throug Uzbekistan.
1 x

johnbian8308

Post by johnbian8308 »

ccc wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:13 pm
sion_sanky wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:42 pm
Can anyone share their experiences of applying for a Kyrgyz evisa in the recent times? I am more interested in knowing the processing time. Their support handle on whatsapp tells me that 5 days is the minimum time, but I heard from several travellers that applications are pending for more than a month, (they are neither rejecting it nor issuing the evisa)

Was anyone lucky and gotten approved e-visa for Kyrgyzstan in 2021?
What means, if by e-visa status was written „submitted“ before and now under „ Visa application status“ is empty, no any status now? Is the e-visa process still ongoing or finished and not approved?
It went back and forth between empty and submitted a few times before they finally approved it for me. No idea what was going on to be honest
0 x

CharlieC

Post by CharlieC »

04Morley wrote:
Hi, does anyone have any more info on the state of land borders from Tajik to Kygryz? I'm particularly interested in Kyzyl-Art pass, am getting conflicting reports. Thanks.
Hi 04Morley,

By anychance, did you get an official confirmation or went to check yourself at the border ? We also wish to cross this border, but it seems to be closed...
Not keen to cycle all the way up to get rejected !

Cheers
0 x

Nikopol

Post by Nikopol »

CharlieC wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:42 am
04Morley wrote:
Hi 04Morley,

By anychance, did you get an official confirmation or went to check yourself at the border ? We also wish to cross this border, but it seems to be closed...

Cheers
Borders now between KRG and TAJ are closed because in April they decided to shoot at each other because of some water source or something in Valley. I dont think this can last way too long, these countries are way too much interlinked to be closed for each other for commercial traffick.
0 x

CharlieC

Post by CharlieC »

Nikopol wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:31 pm
CharlieC wrote:
04Morley wrote:
Hi 04Morley,

Cheers
Borders now between KRG and TAJ are closed because in April they decided to shoot at each other because of some water source or something in Valley. I dont think this can last way too long, these countries are way too much interlinked to be closed for each other for commercial traffick.
Thanks for your answer !
Yep I know this indeed but in the end, we never had feedback of people actually trying to go from Kyrgyzstan to Tajikistan and actually being rejected...
I'm now in Sary Tash and I'm being told that a british tourist crossed yesterday with the right paperwork ! No clue what the "right paperwork" is tho... maybe some hope?
0 x

04Morley

Post by 04Morley »

Hi CharlieC, we haven't tried yet, but we're planning to at some point. Did you have any luck?
0 x

Iskandar

Post by Iskandar »

CharlieC wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:37 am
Nikopol wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:31 pm
CharlieC wrote:

Hi 04Morley,

Cheers
Thanks for your answer !
Yep I know this indeed but in the end, we never had feedback of people actually trying to go from Kyrgyzstan to Tajikistan and actually being rejected...
I'm now in Sary Tash and I'm being told that a british tourist crossed yesterday with the right paperwork ! No clue what the "right paperwork" is tho... maybe some hope?
Please!! We are waiting for your report if you crossed or was rejected.
0 x

jfractal

Post by jfractal »

Un cycliste Francais à passé la frontière il y à une dizaine de jours. Il venais du Tadjikistan vers le Kirghizstan. Frontière fermée mais en insistant lourdement et muni d'un certificat médical factice il a pu franchir la frontière.
A French cyclist crossed the border ten days ago. He came from Tajikistan to Kyrgyzstan. Border closed but by insisting heavily and provided with a fictitious medical certificate he was able to cross the border.
0 x

RD1993

Post by RD1993 »

Flew into Bishkek (from Dushanbe via Dubai 😑). All i showed was my vax card (US, J&J 1 jab from March) and they passed me through, while seemingly everyone else in line had a pcr test
1 x

CharlieC

Post by CharlieC »

[Bor Dobo border report]

Hi all,

We went today to the Bor Dobo border post. We were still waiting for the approval of our tajik e-visa, but just decided to go there to ask questions to figure out whether waiting more was useless or not.
And what a surprise : the friendly border guards told us that we were allowed to cross. They told us to come back with our e-visa when we get them and that there would then not be any issue to cross. A military truck that we met on the way also told us that the border was open.

To give a bit of context, we are cycling and we are french. The cycling part might actually be important, because it looks like they have been using the temporary closure to build a new border control post, and I am not sure if a car or a truck would be able to pass the works right now. It looked like it would be finished in a few days tho.

Anyway, for us, french cyclists, we are allowed to cross the border and it does not seem to be an "under the radar crossing" at all.

Hopefully our e-visa will be approved in the very coming days (we have now asked for the "speed-up" process) and we can officially confirm all this here.

Looking forward to making a great news official,

Charlie
1 x