Kyrgyzstan coronavirus travel re-opening/restrictions Q&A

All about Kyrgyzstan.
sion_sanky

Re: Kyrgyzstan E-Visa covid

Post by sion_sanky »

sion_sanky wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:42 pm
Can anyone share their experiences of applying for a Kyrgyz evisa in the recent times? I am more interested in knowing the processing time. Their support handle on whatsapp tells me that 5 days is the minimum time, but I heard from several travellers that applications are pending for more than a month, (they are neither rejecting it nor issuing the evisa)
Update: Applied on 5th July, got an email the same day- "Please attach your route plan in Kyrgyzstan". Had already attached a file with a day-wise itinerary, travel plans and hotel bookings. After receiving this email, changed the file name to Route Plan and re-submitted the application on the same day. Got another email on 9th July " Please attach correct route plan" Not exactly sure what was incorrect in my earlier plan, but added my Uzbekistan multiple entry evisa and return tickets (will enter and exit Central Asia from Uzbekistan). I have indicated that i will fly to Bishkek from Tashkent, with the flight details, but haven't booked my tickets yet (waiting for evisa to be approved first and the evisa website also advices the same- don't book your tickets before visa is confirmed)
Called their helpline number today (12th July), they said that the processing period of 5 working days will start over from the date of submitting the latest amended application (9th July). I asked them what do they mean by a correct route plan, they simply asked me to send the documents which i attached in the application to the official email address of the evisa portal.

Not sure what will come of it, have no choice other than waiting.
1 x

ArtsyVandelay

Re: Kyrgyzstan E-Visa covid

Post by ArtsyVandelay »

sion_sanky wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:59 pm
sion_sanky wrote:
Can anyone share their experiences of applying for a Kyrgyz evisa in the recent times? I am more interested in knowing the processing time. Their support handle on whatsapp tells me that 5 days is the minimum time, but I heard from several travellers that applications are pending for more than a month, (they are neither rejecting it nor issuing the evisa)
Update: Applied on 5th July, got an email the same day- "Please attach your route plan in Kyrgyzstan". Had already attached a file with a day-wise itinerary, travel plans and hotel bookings. After receiving this email, changed the file name to Route Plan and re-submitted the application on the same day. Got another email on 9th July " Please attach correct route plan" Not exactly sure what was incorrect in my earlier plan, but added my Uzbekistan multiple entry evisa and return tickets (will enter and exit Central Asia from Uzbekistan). I have indicated that i will fly to Bishkek from Tashkent, with the flight details, but haven't booked my tickets yet (waiting for evisa to be approved first and the evisa website also advices the same- don't book your tickets before visa is confirmed)
Called their helpline number today (12th July), they said that the processing period of 5 working days will start over from the date of submitting the latest amended application (9th July). I asked them what do they mean by a correct route plan, they simply asked me to send the documents which i attached in the application to the official email address of the evisa portal.

Not sure what will come of it, have no choice other than waiting.
Thank you for sharing your experience here, mate. Do let us know when there is an update.
0 x

04Morley

Re: Kyrgyzstan coronavirus travel re-opening/restrictions Q&A

Post by 04Morley »

Hi,

Sorry if I'm going over old ground here, but it the Kyzyl-Art pass open to vaccinated travellers (from UK) or is a PCR test still required? If the latter, any tips for getting one within 72 hrs (we'll be cycling).

Thanks,

Matt
0 x

CharlieC

Post by CharlieC »

Hi fellow travelers,

We are 2 french citizens planning a trip to Kyrgyzstan. We booked our flights from Laos (where we have been living for the last 18 months) to Bishkek.
However, the airline operating the first connection flight is now telling us that we need an official autorisation to enter Kyrgyzstan. They do not believe us when we tell them that we are allowed to enter Kyrgyzstan visa free and will not let us board the flight if we do not have such an official paper.
Do you have an idea about who we should contact to get this "autorisation" ? Also, any official link from the Kyrgyz authorities that we can forward to the airline ?

Thanks,

Charlie
0 x

ArtsyVandelay

Post by ArtsyVandelay »

CharlieC wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:04 am
Hi fellow travelers,

We are 2 french citizens planning a trip to Kyrgyzstan. We booked our flights from Laos (where we have been living for the last 18 months) to Bishkek.
However, the airline operating the first connection flight is now telling us that we need an official autorisation to enter Kyrgyzstan. They do not believe us when we tell them that we are allowed to enter Kyrgyzstan visa free and will not let us board the flight if we do not have such an official paper.
Do you have an idea about who we should contact to get this "autorisation" ? Also, any official link from the Kyrgyz authorities that we can forward to the airline ?

Thanks,

Charlie
If I were you, I'd get the email address of the authorities off the KZ Evisa website and email them asking to specify that French citizens do not need a visa to visit Kyrgyzstan. Then I'd take a screen shot or a print out of that email to the airline officials. Hopefully it'll be enough for them to let you board the flight.
0 x

ccc

Post by ccc »

sion_sanky wrote:

Was anyone lucky and gotten approved e-visa for Kyrgyzstan in 2021?
What means, if by e-visa status was written „submitted“ before and now under „ Visa application status“ is empty, no any status now? Is the e-visa process still ongoing or finished and not approved?
0 x

MelanieD

Post by MelanieD »

Yes, I've got an approved e-visa this year at the end of February. Officially untill 27-5, but I stayed untill 26-6.
You can ask for explanation of the status by contacting the Whatsapp number of the Kyrgyz e-visa (minister of foreign affairs):
+996 703428865.
My experience is that they mostly respond quickly, although the answers are not always satisfying.
2 x

ArtsyVandelay

Post by ArtsyVandelay »

Applied for an e-visa at the beginning of this week. Along with the application, I included a separate PDF file titled - Route Plan. In this file, I included a cover letter on my company's letterhead, a daily itinerary, hotel bookings, flight details and scan of a valid double entry tourist visa for Uzbekistan. Since I happen to be from Pakistan and I've heard stories of people from Pakistan not having amazing luck when it comes to KZ E-visas, I also attached some of my previous visas to demonstrate that I'm a genuine traveler. I lived in the States for 12 years until recently so I also included a copy of my US Student and work visas.

Having attached all this information, I was confident of receiving the visa eventually but yesterday I received an email stating that my application has been returned due to absence of a route plan. I went to the E-Visa portal and uploaded the same file again and within an hour received the same response that my application has been returned due to the absence of a route plan.

Then, I went ahead and sent an email to the address I got the E-visa portal asking them what exactly who they mean by a route plan and what else do I have to submit so that my application can be considered and isn't returned over and over again. Still waiting to hear back from them.

This has been slightly frustrating but I did haven't high expectations to begin with having heard that people from South Asia do have a tough time being approved E-visas to KZ. So I just decided to gamble with my $50. Not too worried about what will come of this visa application but I shall keep you guys updated.
0 x

ArtsyVandelay

Post by ArtsyVandelay »

ArtsyVandelay wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:30 am
Applied for an e-visa at the beginning of this week. Along with the application, I included a separate PDF file titled - Route Plan. In this file, I included a cover letter on my company's letterhead, a daily itinerary, hotel bookings, flight details and scan of a valid double entry tourist visa for Uzbekistan. Since I happen to be from Pakistan and I've heard stories of people from Pakistan not having amazing luck when it comes to KZ E-visas, I also attached some of my previous visas to demonstrate that I'm a genuine traveler. I lived in the States for 12 years until recently so I also included a copy of my US Student and work visas.

Having attached all this information, I was confident of receiving the visa eventually but yesterday I received an email stating that my application has been returned due to absence of a route plan. I went to the E-Visa portal and uploaded the same file again and within an hour received the same response that my application has been returned due to the absence of a route plan.

Then, I went ahead and sent an email to the address I got the E-visa portal asking them what exactly who they mean by a route plan and what else do I have to submit so that my application can be considered and isn't returned over and over again. Still waiting to hear back from them.

This has been slightly frustrating but I did haven't high expectations to begin with having heard that people from South Asia do have a tough time being approved E-visas to KZ. So I just decided to gamble with my $50. Not too worried about what will come of this visa application but I shall keep you guys updated.
Update - Received a reply to my email which basically states that I should upload the documents on the e-visa portal. That's about it. Wouldn't hurt on their part to specify what the route plan should actually include.

That said, I give up. If they don't want me to come to their country and spend my money, that's alright. I'm not too interested either, anymore.
Last edited by ArtsyVandelay on Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

ccc

Post by ccc »

How long does this process take to obtain an approved e-visa?
0 x