Trekking tour from Osh to Tash Rabat

All about Kyrgyzstan.
bamboo

Trekking tour from Osh to Tash Rabat

Post by bamboo »

Hi,

I'm planning on a trekking tour from Osh to Tash Rabat. Caravanistan offers a trekking tour but the price is quite expensive for a solo traveler (almost $1800/person). I would like to join a group tour instead of a private tour. Any advices?
0 x

Christian77
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Re: Trekking tour from Osh to Tash Rabat

Post by Christian77 »

Looks amazing, but that's an obscure trek. There won't be tourists sitting around hostels and guesthouses in Osh that you can link up with (plus, Osh is full of broke budget tourists). And no tour company here will have open groups for you to join. You would have to work hard well ahead of time to make your own group, there won't be one that you can join.

As for the price, that's normal for a supported/guided tour of this length that involves horses. Karakol has the cheap guided short treks, Kochkor has the cheap horse treks, and some of the CBT offices in other locations also offer cheap short tours, but it will be difficult to find a cheap price for an uncommon trek like this (unless you're Russian, thereby opening up way more options with the more informal, non-English speaking guides).
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

When are you planning to come? How long would you like to trek for?

There are definitely better options with equally beautiful scenery where you can find others and have a lower price.

But this year not so many people will travel to Kyrgyzstan so finding others will not be so easy.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

bamboo

Post by bamboo »

Hi,

I’m planning to do next summer (hopefully things will be safe by then). I know there are other routes that maybe cheaper but I really wanna go to Tash Rabat because it’s an important spot on the trading route of the Silk Road. If trekking from Osh to Tash Rabat is expensive, is there any way I can travel to Tash Rabat without trekking? Like transportation and camp there for a night?
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

Go to Naryn and get a tour/transportation from there.
0 x