Tash Alay in August

All about Kyrgyzstan.
northinsouth1

Tash Alay in August

Post by northinsouth1 »

Hello--

'Quick question: Tentatively planning to be in Kyrgyzstan in August. Is it the correct assumption that the Alay Valley is a bit of no-go right now because of border skirmishes? I'm not exactly certain how extensive the fighting is and/or where exactly to avoid. Thanks for any info.
0 x

Jealgu

Re: Tash Alay in August

Post by Jealgu »

I am not sure of the exact definition of Alay valley, but the skirmishes are in the Batken area, which is a mountain range away from the part between daroot korgon and sary tash.

Also, keep in mind that the'l 'Pamir border' is much higher and far less suitable for fighting. The population it that part is largely Kyrgyz, so I suspect much less tension between the local populations. I am planning a trip there in August, so far I assume I can safely travel to the sary moghol region.
0 x

northinsouth1

Re: Tash Alay in August

Post by northinsouth1 »

Jealgu wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 7:09 pm
I am not sure of the exact definition of Alay valley, but the skirmishes are in the Batken area, which is a mountain range away from the part between daroot korgon and sary tash.

Also, keep in mind that the'l 'Pamir border' is much higher and far less suitable for fighting. The population it that part is largely Kyrgyz, so I suspect much less tension between the local populations. I am planning a trip there in August, so far I assume I can safely travel to the sary moghol region.
Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification and elaboration. I may be able to get some trekking in there after all!
0 x