Travel Landscape

All about Kyrgyzstan.
tp20

Travel Landscape

Post by tp20 »

Hello!

I'm planning a trip through Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan this coming summer, but I wanted to see if anyone was already in the area. With my knowledge of the Cyrillic alphabet and Russian language at the most basic levels, my biggest concern is meeting other travelers on the road. I plan on studying up for the next month to get around, but I'm curious if anyone has knowledge of the hostel, CBT, or general tourism landscape at the moment.

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this! I've been lurking on the forums for a few weeks now, so I'm not quite an expert yet.

Thanks in advance for any information.
0 x

Hugues

Re: Travel Landscape

Post by Hugues »

Well the OP posted this question in May 2021, so I guess by now he has been travelling and back already LOL.
The new message above looks like a mix of ChatGPT answer and soft-spam, with a link to a luxury airport lounge.
Encalm user just joined the forum today. Hopefully we don't get too many of these encalm.com plugs.
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Re: Travel Landscape

Post by bwv812 »

Hugues wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:19 pm
Well the OP posted this question in May 2021, so I guess by now he has been travelling and back already LOL.
The new message above looks like a mix of ChatGPT answer and soft-spam, with a link to a luxury airport lounge.
Encalm user just joined the forum today. Hopefully we don't get too many of these encalm.com plugs.
There are a lot of messages like this that get deleted before you ever see them. Most of them are "smart" enough to use a name that sounds like a person (which is a red flag in itself, since nobody actually uses their real names as their user name), and they don't use a link in their first post (they intend to come back and edit their comment with a link, or post a link in a later post).
0 x