Can only vaccinated tourists visit Kyrgyzstan? No, everyone can.

All about Kyrgyzstan.
johnbian8308

Re: Can only vaccinated tourists visit Kyrgyzstan? No, everyone can.

Post by johnbian8308 »

I am talking about the Uzbek-Kyrgyz border. You can pay 1500 Kyrgyz soms to get a test on the spot or show vaccine card to waive the pcr requirement. A friend of friend used the vaccine card to go through it without problem
0 x

ccc

Post by ccc »

johnbian8308 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:03 am
A friend of friend used the vaccine card to go through it without problem
A tourist or a local person?
0 x

johnbian8308

Post by johnbian8308 »

Tourist. He is a Chinese passport holder living in Germany
0 x

ccc

Post by ccc »

Interesting, but still no official info about this new rule…
0 x

johnbian8308

Post by johnbian8308 »

At least going through land border there is no risk. Worst case is vaccination card not recognized and have to get a pcr on the spot and it is not more expensive than getting pcr in Uzbekistan I think
0 x

Jealgu

Post by Jealgu »

https://akipress.com/news:659275:Kyrgyz ... t_results/

Update, from 19 june onwards (or 12 june if you come in by land) both a negative PCR test or proof of vaccination should suffice to enter Kyrgyzstan. The articel does not specify what counts as proof of vaccination, it also does not mention from which point in time you are considered fully vaccinated (e.g. two weeks after the last dose).

On a covid related note, I do see that the number of daily cases is currently on an upward trajectory in Kyrgyzstan. I might wait till July before I finalize my august plans.
0 x

ccc

Post by ccc »

Bishkek, June 10, 2021. / Kabar / . Kyrgyzstan has approved Algorithms of Action to prevent the entry and spread of coronavirus infection in relation to the citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic, foreign nationals and stateless persons crossing the state border of the republic, as well as persons traveling on domestic airlines.

The Department of Tourism under the Ministry of Economy and Finance of Kyrgyzstan reported that in accordance with the Algorithms, citizens, including tourists and stateless persons comply with the current sanitary norms and rules on the territory of the country.

Following documents are required when arriving in the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic:

- negative PCR test results not exceeding 72 hours from the sampling of the test,

- or a document certifying receipt of the vaccine against coronavirus (in paper or digital format).

"Parents of children from 5 years of age are also required to provide them with the above medical documents. COVID-19 vaccination document applies in the case of recognition of Kyrgyzstan in the statutory order or on reciprocal principles," the report says.

Vaccinated citizens (tourists) can arrive by air from June 19, 2021, and by land from June 11, 2021.

http://en.kabar.kg/news/kyrgyzstan-appr ... territory/

The document proving COVID-19 vaccination may be applied in case Kyrgyzstan recognizes such documents on reciprocal principle.

https://m.akipress.com/news:659275:Kyrg ... t_results/
2 x

ccc

Post by ccc »

Has anyone entered Kyrgyzstan by air with a vaccine document only, without PCR test?
Btw what kind of vaccine against covid accepted?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

ccc wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:35 pm
Has anyone entered Kyrgyzstan by air with a vaccine document only, without PCR test?
Btw what kind of vaccine against covid accepted?
No one as far as I know. Make sure you have a pcr-test even if fully vaccinated.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

ccc

Post by ccc »

steven wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:15 am
No one as far as I know. Make sure you have a pcr-test even if fully vaccinated.
Thanks, it‘s better to have a PCR test, even by some airlines required for boarding.
0 x