Shipping my car from Dubai to Bishkek

Self-driving the Silk Road.
Berbalove

Shipping my car from Dubai to Bishkek

Post by Berbalove »

Hi all,

I hope you all are doing well.

I just moved to Bishkek and found that used cars are very expensive. So I thought it might be cheaper if I bring my Lexus 2015 car to Bishkek instead of buying a similar one with higher price. However I am worried about the requirement to customise the car in Kyrgyzstan. Can anyone provide me with all information regarding the custom clearance in Kyrgyzstan? What the requirements are and fees etc,....

I also would like if those who had had the same experience would recommend I bring my car or buy a car in Bishkek.
Best regards

Berbalove
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Shipping my car from Dubai to Bishkek

Post by steven »

Hi Berbalove,

I have collected some resources and links to other forum threads here: https://caravanistan.com/transport/driving/shipping/

Requirements and fees etc. change often so I recommend you get in touch with someone in-country who knows this kind of stuff inside out. Iron Horse Nomads imports a lot of cars so they might be of help.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Sinkolot

Re: Shipping my car from Dubai to Bishkek

Post by Sinkolot »

You're definitely right that you should look into the availability of parts for repair, but you might also want to get an idea of how much it would cost to ship. At that distance, it's likely to be very expensive which may offset any savings you're considering. Easy enough to find out though, just contact a couple auto shippers and see what they charge. I've had good luck using A1 Auto Trans in the past, but it's been a few years. Also a good idea to get a couple estimates before deciding. Prices usually vary somewhat between shippers. Good luck to you.
0 x