Bringing camping gear?

All about Kyrgyzstan.
RoadUntraveled

Bringing camping gear?

Post by RoadUntraveled »

Hi everyone,

I'm visiting Kyrgyzstan in August. I'm planning to hike to Ala-Kul, Song Kul, Tash Rabat & Chatyr Kul and Lenin Peak Base camp. From what I've read online for all these hikes it is possible to stay in yurts on route in the summer. Nevertheless, most packing lists online do recommend bringing camping gear. What do you recommend? I reckon camping gear would add some flexibility, but I'd save a lot of weight and money if I don't have to buy and bring it for this trip, so I'm a bit torn.

(After Kyrgyzstan I'm headed to Tajikistan, where I''ll either travel along the Pamir Highway (if possible) or hike a bit in the Fann Mountains, where a tent does appear to be necessary. I'll finish my trip in Uzbekistan, heading to the region for a month).
0 x

Sinkolot

Re: Bringing camping gear?

Post by Sinkolot »

That sounds like an amazing trip. I'm curious if you were able to find yurts along the way and if/what you took as far as camping gear. Hope you had a good time.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Bringing camping gear?

Post by steven »

It's too late for this answer, but, you don't have to bring it. Worst case scenario plenty of tour companies can rent you these things.

https://caravanistan.com/kyrgyzstan/thi ... /trekking/
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D