Solo trip next week 8th Aug starting in Bishkek heading East for ~1 week - car or group tour + where to stay?

All about Kyrgyzstan.
lucyshaw

Solo trip next week 8th Aug starting in Bishkek heading East for ~1 week - car or group tour + where to stay?

Post by lucyshaw »

Hello!

I am a solo woman travelling to Central Asia starting in Bishkek next week (8th August), and am looking for some advice on planning a week's trip out East, also to see if anyone would be interested in joining last minute. I'm willing to get a rental car if needed, and/or to hire a guide, but have found a lot of the links on this site for cars / accommodation / guides have broken and have had limited success finding folks on google. Is this all possible to arrange on arrival in Bishkek or Karakol itself if I ask my hostel (also hostel suggestions that offer good travel advice are very welcome!), or do I need to book in advance of coming? And if advanced booking is needed, do you have suggestions on rental car agencies / tour companies?

In case anyone is planning similar, the itinerary I'm interested in is starting from Bishkek on the 8th or so, going to Karakol and remaining there for a few days, then to Kadji Say, Kochkol and back to Bishkek over about a week. I would like to do a multi-day hike in Karakol, but would need to be able to leave some small luggage / car behind and am not sure how this works there, plus would need to find a guide and a rental tent.

I am also planning a second week flying out of Almaty to go to Tajikistan and go up to Uzbekistan via Samarkand, Bukhara and ending in Tashkent to fly out, if anyone is interested in joining this or has experience doing something similar.

Let me know if you have any advice on a particular hostel you liked in Bishkek, and a guide / rental car agency that you recommend, or please reach out if you're planning something similar around the same time and would like to join forces.

Thanks!
Lucy
0 x

Atkudabrat2

Re: Solo trip next week 8th Aug starting in Bishkek heading East for ~1 week - car or group tour + where to stay?

Post by Atkudabrat2 »

Hi Lucy!

You can try this guide
Mirlan he can provide you with a rental tent for a hike up to Ala kul or suggest where you can stay to do the hike. He can provide a car + driver where you can keep luggage while hiking

He speaks very good English and is knowledgeable about local culture

As you have a short time I suggest you to hire a guide + car.you will save time and maximise your exploring time

You can reached him through WhatsApp (fast answer)
+7 705 207 9486

Mirlanbek (fixemerko at gmail.com)

He is a friend of mine..see with him for quote..he can provide last minute tour..he used to be on indyguide
0 x