Group day tour Konorchek/Burana

All about Kyrgyzstan.
justtino

Group day tour Konorchek/Burana

Post by justtino »

Hey there!

I'll be visiting Bishkek next week from the 2nd to the 5th of October as a solo traveller and really wanted to visit the Canyon and Burana tower.
The public transport option is a little too adventurous for me and the tours range from 150-250 USD for 1 person which also seems like a little much

Are there any other travellers there wanting to share a tour or are there other tour operators that are cheaper?
Thanks for the information!

With best regards
Dominik
0 x

edu

Re: Group day tour Konorchek/Burana

Post by edu »

You can organise this independently unless you really want a guide to tell you about the Burana Tower. A friend and I recently went to both places for cheap: we took a marshrutka to Tokmok for 70 KGS each, then hired a taxi to take us to Kochkor via the Burana Tower (allow 30-40mins) and the Kornochek Canyon (we stopped for 2 hours but 3-4 would have been better) and paid 4000 KGS = $50. If you're going back to Tokmok you might be able to do it for even cheaper. Both places were really worth visiting!

If you really want to avoid public transport, you'll definitely be able to hire a taxi to do all this from Bishkek but it will be a little more expensive of course. Definitely a lot less than $150 though!
1 x