Osh hotels/hostels expelling tourists

All about Kyrgyzstan.
Christian77
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Osh hotels/hostels expelling tourists

Post by Christian77 »

One example:

Other complaints online. Tourists are having their reservations cancelled or shortened so that their rooms can be given at a much higher rate to Russians.

Solution: use Osh for transit only. Very inconvenient for some, I know...
1 x

Artan

Re: Osh hotels/hostels expelling tourists

Post by Artan »

We had a similar experience in Tashkent today. Price went up 50% upon arrival compared to the agreed booking.com price.
0 x

RollingTreeHouse

Post by RollingTreeHouse »

Artan wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:10 am
We had a similar experience in Tashkent today.
If possible, could you please name the place so others can prepare?
0 x

Christian77
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Post by Christian77 »

Well, I hope you give them a one-star review and say why in the review. For hotels with few reviews, a very negative review does hurt them.
0 x

Bakhtiyark

Post by Bakhtiyark »

Artan wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:10 am
We had a similar experience in Tashkent today. Price went up 50% upon arrival compared to the agreed booking.com price.
With booking.com it's far more secure, you contact call center and they will have a talk with the manager there. If they still refuse to accept you according to the original reservation, they will receive a strike on their account. Three strikes and they are blacklisted. And then Booking.com will offer you an alternative option for the same price as the original reservation.
I had one such experience and they were really helpful and swift.
0 x

Rufio

Post by Rufio »

I arrived in Kyrgyzstan on 22/09 and stayed in a hostel in Osh for three nights at £6/night. I believe this was 24 hours, maybe under, after Putin made his mobilisation speech. I wanted to book a couple more nights in Osh but couldn't as all the accommodation got flooded by the fleeeing Ruskis so had to move on against my wishes. The day after I checked out I had a little nosey and saw the same hostel charging £19/night.

That's a 216% increase overnight.

Even a 5 star hotel in Osh charging over $100+/night on Booking said 'this has been booked 26 times for your dates in the last xxx hours.
0 x

HolidayGolightly

Post by HolidayGolightly »

I am waiting with baited breath for this to happen to me. I arrive in TAS at 1am and i dont fancy traipsing through the night in search of accommodation... I booked with Booking. com and so far so good but its left me a little uneasy.
0 x