We will be exploring Kyrgyzstan this summer (20/06 to 10/08) and visit family/friends along the way. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children (1yo and 6yo).
We will be driving our car (SUV), we are now planning in detail the route we would like to do. As the roads are what they are down there, we would ask for any advise on our planned routes below .
|Bishkek to Kochkor||3h|
|Kochkor to Song kul||3h|
|Song kul to At-bashy||4h|
|At-bashy to Naryn||1h|
|Naryn to Kazarman||4h30|
|Kazarman to Jalal Abad||3h30||Sary-Kyr pass: check if open|
|Jalal Abad to Osh||2h|
|Osh to Ozgon||1h|
|Ozgon to Toktogul||5h30|
|Toktogul to Kochkor||5h30|
|Kochkor to Cholpon-Ata||2h30|
|Cholpon-Ata to Karakol||3h|
|Karakol to Bokonbayevo||2h30|
|Bokonbayevo to Cholpon-Ata||3h|
|Cholpon-Ata to Bishkek||4h|
1. What is your opinion on these driving routes?
2. If any of you has done any of the routes, what was your experience?
3. Any recommendation/suggestion to our planned routes?
4. We used https://www.openstreetmap.org/ to plan the routes and estimate duration of the drives. Do you know any better website/app?
5. What app should we use to navigate when driving there? I heard about Maps.me, any other suggestion?
Many thanks for any help you can give us!