Horse riding from Kotchkor to Song Kol lake

All about Kyrgyzstan.
Helene

Horse riding from Kotchkor to Song Kol lake

Post by Helene »

Hello !

I am planning to go to Kotchkor to enjoy a short horse ride to Song Kol lake from the 9th of August.

Does anybody know if I can book it last minute in Kotchkor (for the next morning) or do I have to book in advance (and how to do it? No answer from the email I have send to CBT Kotchkor)?

If anybody wants to join, you're welcome!

Cheers
Helene (France)
0 x

juwanilie

Re: Horse riding from Kotchkor to Song Kol lake

Post by juwanilie »

Hi Elen,
Even if it's always possible that everything would be booked, I think you can definitely book horse trek one day for the next.
In kochkor you will find CBT office, shepard's life office, and Jailoo office, all organizing such trips.
For info, with took a 3 days horse ride to Song Kol in Jailoo, 4 tourists plus 1 guide (non-english speaking but very nice), 3700 som for each person (without any food or yurt accomodation, just the horses).
Good trip !
0 x
Our traveling blog in french : http://verslestjusquaufarwest.wordpress.com

Helene

Post by Helene »

Thank you very much for your quick answer !!
I am trying to reach them, but without a huge success till now :)

Do you think it could be ok for one person (expecially when you're a woman) there ?
I have read some very bad comments in LP forum about Jailoo, was your experience good?

Helene
0 x

Rolof Stolk

Post by Rolof Stolk »

Hi,

Maybe these links are helpful,

http://caravanistan.com/trip-reports/ho ... yrgyzstan/

https://www.tripadvisor.nl/ShowUserRevi ... vince.html

I am planning to do the same trip around August 13-14.
0 x

loyola

Post by loyola »

Hello,

My gf and I did the Song Kol horse trek in June 2015. We showed up in Kochkor and did a quick tour of the agencies. We settled on Jailoo and we had a fantastic 3 days (our plan included everything, accomodation, food, horses, guide who didn't speak English). We did the trek with another couple that we met at the Jailoo office.

Since we arrived in Kochkor late in the day we had to spent the night there and the woman from Jailoo did find us an accomodation which was nice.

I'm not sure why they have bad comments on the LP forum but from our side it was a positive experience.

Enjoy
0 x

Helene

Post by Helene »

Thank you very much to all of you!
Did you remember how much you paid? I have to confess I am a little bit surprise by the budget CBT quoted me (by email) : 26 500 soms for 3 days for 1 person. And I have read it should be realy less (around half price). Do you confirm it?

Rolof, thanks for the links, if you're planning to do it the 9th of August, don't hesitate to let me know!

And for those who want, I will have a private car +dirver to go from Song Kol to Osh. The 12th of August. If you want to share the ride...

Cheers!
Helene
0 x

loyola

Post by loyola »

I don't remember the exact price but I think it was around 100 $ (Canadian) per person for the all-included horse trek (this included the accomodation for 2 in Kochkor). That being said I think the 26 500 soms quote is a mistake (that's 500 $ for one persone). Are you sure it's not 2 650 soms?

Also, we were there in June, maybe the prices goes up in July and August when there's more tourists at Song Kol (not many tourists when we were there).
0 x

juwanilie

Post by juwanilie »

Indeed, 26500 is highly expensive !! As I said we paid 3700 each with Jailoo for 3 days. The difference, however, is that it came without food or accomodation, having our own tent. Also, we were a group of 4 to share the guide's price.

But even is the same conditions, CBT was more expensive. We also learnt the bad reviews on Jailoo, but it was really old one. Everything was good for us, the agencies actually only contacts the guides. I guess your experience will more depend on witch guide you have...
2 x
Our traveling blog in french : http://verslestjusquaufarwest.wordpress.com

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

I would agree that i have heard good and bad reviews of all the agencies. It really depends on the people working for them. Some are nice, some are not... This year they may be working for shepherds life, next yesr for cbt.

But in general, cbt is the most expensive.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Helene

Post by Helene »

Thank you very much for all your nice and efficient comments !!

Will send some tips when I'll be there!

Cheers
Helene
1 x