Plan on 15 day trip in Kyrgyztan and questions

All about Kyrgyzstan.
yonderhead

Plan on 15 day trip in Kyrgyztan and questions

Post by yonderhead »

Hi all,

im currently drafting a plan for my 15-day trip in the country. It now roughly looks like this:

Day 1: flight to Bishkek
Day 2: Flight to Osh thn travel further to Arslanbob. 1st question: The flight arrived at 8.10, is it still possible to get to Arslanbob in the same day?
Day 3: Arslanbob
Day 4: Toktogul
Day 5: Suusamyr / Kyzyl Oi. 2nd question: Is it possible to travel here from Toktogul per public transport / shared taxi in a day? Or should i skip Toktogul and find another way to arrive here from Arslanbob?
Day 6: Kyzyl Oi
Day 7: further east to Chaek / Kyzart / Jumgal / Kochkor or any other base for Song-Kol lake. 3nd question: is it possible to arrive in the village early and arrange a horse trek to Song-Kol on the same day?
Day 8: Song Kol
Day 9: Back to Kochkor then further to the southern shore od Issyk Kol (Tamga / Barskoon?)
Day 10: A day trip around the area. 4th question: any recommendation?
Day 11: Further to Karakol
Day 12: Day trip in one of the valley closeby. 5th question: also any recommendation here apart from the much visited Altyn Arashan. Do you think it is feasible to do in a day?
Day 13: Back to Bishkek.

I spare two days from the itinerary for now from the plan so if someone has recommendation for places to visit along this route, i cannot be more grateful!

Cheers!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Plan on 15 day trip in Kyrgyztan and question

Post by steven »

2. Yes, that's possible. Count on 5 hours.
5. There is no public transport, so you need to get a taxi to Kyzyl-Oi.
7. I would call CBT in advance. I know young people are used to Uber and Amazon nowadays, but, same-day is ambitious. And you can ask about the taxi to get there. I would probably skip Toktogul and go straight to Suusamyr, just get dropped off on the turn-off and get picked up there by CBT Kyzyl-oi.
10. Barskoon offers nice horse rides. Tamga offers a hike (pretty long for just one day) or just beach holiday.
12. I think Altyn Arashan is much visited because you can actually do it in 1 day. And it is really nice. Other places you need more time. Perhaps Djeti-Oguz is another option, but it is going back to where you came from.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

yonderhead

Re: Plan on 15 day trip in Kyrgyztan and questions

Post by yonderhead »

Thanks for the fast and informative reply!

Tha plan is still a sketch so it probably change at the end at a bit and i have also 2 days in backup that can be used for longer hike. Would you recommend Jeti-Oguz over Altyn Arashan for a 2-day hike? How difficult is these treks?

another plan is to give up on Osh / Arslanbob altogether and The first day i'll arrive in Bishkek then take a public transport (possible?) to Toktogul and go to Suusamyr / Kyzyl Oi on the next day.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Plan on 15 day trip in Kyrgyztan and questions

Post by steven »

I really like Altyn Arashan. It's 4 hours walk to get there, and then you come to a broad plateau. You can then walk in any direction and it will be beautiful, for as long as you like. The traditional hike is to Alakul and back through a different way, that takes 3 days, but you can just stay another day in Altyn Arashan and go for a day-hike from there. And there are hot springs!

I haven't been to Jeti-Oguz, I wanted to go this year but it was still snowy there when I came. So not really a fair comparison there. Should also be nice but it is further from the road, you need a taxi to get to the start of the hike (and then back somehow). If you have 4 days you can hike from Jeti-Oguz to Altyn Arashan and that's supposed to be a good trip.

In case of your plan b: You can definitely arrange something from Bishkek to the Suusamyr turn-off, not sure if there is a shared taxi or marshrutka to Kyzyl-Oi. I would inform with CBT Kyzyl-Oi how they usually get people there, perhaps you can share a taxi with some other people going the same way that day.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D