Usd ATM in Bishkek?

All about Kyrgyzstan.
exploreout

Usd ATM in Bishkek?

Post by exploreout »

Where can I find an ATM that dispenses USD here in Bishkek. I'm near Panfilov park for reference.

I read that there is the "Kazkommerzbank ATM on the corner of Sovetskaya and Bokonbaeva" but I have no idea where this is. I input both into Google Maps and the two roads don't intersect so I'm lost.
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Re: Usd ATM in Bishkek?

Post by bwv812 »

Have you tried many ATMs? Unless there have been big changes, many/most ATMs in the city center offer USD. I'm sure the place you're staying at could point you in the right direction if you need directions to a specific one.

Edit: I was able to find one near you pretty easy with google maps:
https://www.google.ca/maps/place/ATM+KY ... 74.6008211
0 x

lissie45

Post by lissie45 »

Are they good notes you get from ATMs? I'm considering stocking up on US$ either in Kyrgyistan or Kharzakistan - but I've not come across this phenomen of ATMs dispensing US$ (outside the US!) before. Which denominations do they dispense- is there a daily limit imposed by the ATM?
0 x
My pretty random blog: http://LisTravelTips.com

exploreout

Post by exploreout »

And how do you know this ATM dispenses USD? The purpose of the thread is to pinpoint the ATMs that specifically dispense USD amongst the many other 'ordinary' ATMs. The ATM I used at the airport didn't offer the option for USD.

I've also typed in ATMs in Google maps and saw many ATMs in my area. I could walk around until I find one but thought I would inquire.
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

There are dozens of ATMs along Chuy, and it's not difficult to find one that dispenses dollars. Surely it's easier to either ask your hosts or try a few ATMs than it is to ask a forum where you're not likely to get a specific reply, let alone a timely one? I suspect that any ATM that accepts Mastercard—and which is listed on Google maps as accepting Mastercard—will dispense USD.

Well, since I can't be of help, be sure to let us know your findings on which ATMs you can get USD at in Bishkek!
0 x

matt2matt2002

Post by matt2matt2002 »

Whatever you do, don't use the money changers in Osh market.
They will miscount their money back to you.
It was easy to spot but if distracted, you could loose out.
I used banks after that experience.
0 x
SIGNATURE
2014 Scottish End2End 1 month
2015 Pamir Highway Tajikistan & Kyrgyzstan for 2 months
2016 Sri Lanka for 1 month.
2017 Herbrides Lewis Harris 2 weeks
2018 Ethiopia.5 weeks.
2018 Marrakech 2 weeks.
On a Thorn Raven/Rohloff hub.

lissie45

Post by lissie45 »

exploreout wrote:And how do you know this ATM dispenses USD? The purpose of the thread is to pinpoint the ATMs that specifically dispense USD amongst the many other 'ordinary' ATMs. The ATM I used at the airport didn't offer the option for USD.

I've also typed in ATMs in Google maps and saw many ATMs in my area. I could walk around until I find one but thought I would inquire.

Might be missing the obvious here - but why don't you ask your hosts? You are unlikely to be the first foreigner to ask
0 x
My pretty random blog: http://LisTravelTips.com

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

lissie45 wrote:Are they good notes you get from ATMs? Is there a daily limit imposed by the ATM?
Yes, normal notes, the 100$ bills are blue-ish post-2013, i.e. the right kind for Central Asia.

Daily limit? Probably, do update us if you find out.

Someone also said Sovetskaya and Bokonbaevo do not intersect. They do.

Yusup Abdrahmanov is the new name for Sovetskaya. Have yet to hear someone actually call it that, though. But should add that for those not in Bishkek yet.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D