CBT Kyrgyzstan and current weahter

All about Kyrgyzstan.
Ruben

CBT Kyrgyzstan and current weahter

Postby Ruben » Mon May 22, 2017 1:41 pm

Hello Everyone!

I am sure that these questions have been posed before, however, I was not able to find comprehensive information to all the questions.

I want to make use of CBT providers when travelling Kyrgyzstan - particularly in Karakol, Arslanbob and Kochkor - for organizing homestays in these towns and organizing of tours/ trekks.

How does it usually work: do you just arrive in the town, visit the local CBT office and ask for a room on a homestay for that very night? Or do I need to contact them in advance?

Also for the tours, do you organize these in advance or just show up and organize things at the office directly? How long does it take for a tour to come together usually? If travelling alone, how big are the chances to find a group of other travellers to join the hike?

In Karakol I wanted to do the trek to Ala-Kul and Altyn-Arashan and in Kochkor a trekk to and from Lake Song-Kol. Do you know how the weather conditions on the passes currently? I read that spring came quie late to Kyrgyzstan this year and that some tours to Lake Song-Kol might not be possible yet. I will be travelling there in 2 weeks.

Thanks a lot and kind regards,
Ruben
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: CBT Kyrgyzstan and current weahter

Postby steven » Tue May 23, 2017 10:59 am

Ruben wrote:I want to make use of CBT providers when travelling Kyrgyzstan - particularly in Karakol, Arslanbob and Kochkor - for organizing homestays in these towns and organizing of tours/ trekks.

How does it usually work: do you just arrive in the town, visit the local CBT office and ask for a room on a homestay for that very night? Or do I need to contact them in advance?

Both are options.

Ruben wrote:Also for the tours, do you organize these in advance or just show up and organize things at the office directly? How long does it take for a tour to come together usually? If travelling alone, how big are the chances to find a group of other travellers to join the hike?

That really depends. In Kochkor for Song Kol it can be the same day in July and August. Same for Karakol. Everywhere else, I would arrange in advance. You can arrange in advance or do it on the fly.

Ruben wrote:In Karakol I wanted to do the trek to Ala-Kul and Altyn-Arashan and in Kochkor a trekk to and from Lake Song-Kol. Do you know how the weather conditions on the passes currently?

best to ask CBT for the latest weather update.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D