Kochkor to Song-Kul Trek

All about Kyrgyzstan.
leela

Kochkor to Song-Kul Trek

Postby leela » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:36 pm

Can anyone recommend an agency in Kochkor to book a three day/two night trek with? Googling is bringing up a fair number of pretty bad reviews for a couple of places, so I'm looking for some good experiences.
0 x

leela

Re: Kochkor to Song-Kul Trek

Postby leela » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:53 pm

Oh...and if it's possible to do it independently without needing a tent, any reports on that would be welcome, too.
0 x

Lovetheworld

Postby Lovetheworld » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:41 pm

Well there are lots of yurt camps there and normal cars can go there as well, so I guess you could just take a taxi and find a yurt there. As for the trekking you need to find your own routes.

Alternatively you could take a bus to Jany Arak, northwest of Song Kul. From there you can head east and there is a trail heading south. I just saw it on the map, have no experience with it. But a spanish guy told me he wanted to do this.
If you download OsmAnd on your phone and download Kyrgystan map you can see the track. Pass is called Tuz-Ashuu pass.
1 x

LisetVanOosterhout

Postby LisetVanOosterhout » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:15 pm

Hi Leela,

When are you planning to go? I'm thinking of going to the lake around 2 weeks from now
0 x

leela

Postby leela » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:02 pm

My friend is out there at the moment (but with no communication right now as he is on another trek) so I'm asking on his behalf. But he plans to do the trek in a few days' time.
0 x

florismeert

Postby florismeert » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:40 pm

Hi Leela,

same question. We want to have a horse trek from kyzart to song kol lake, but not the expensive one from cbt (also heard a lot that they're not worth the price).
We thought of hiring horses and a guide to go from kyzart to song kol, spend the night in a yurt, and return the day after, anyone experience with this?
Don't know if it's easy to find your way yourself and just arrive at the village (kyzart) and find a guide and horses...
0 x