Bishkek to Tashkent bus: Q&A

All about Kyrgyzstan.
Nara

Bishkek to Tashkent bus: Q&A

Post by Nara »

I’ve read two English-language news sites that said a Bishkek to Tashkent bus became operational as of May 2018, departing daily in the late evening.

One article said the bus departs from the Eastern Bus station in Bishkek, and the other article mentions the Western Bus station. Does anyone have any information about this and which is correct?

Thanks in advance if anyone has any info :)
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Bishkek to Tashkent bus?

Post by steven »

Do let us know when you find out for sure, but I guess it will be the bigger western bus station.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Silkysmooth

Post by Silkysmooth »

I tried buying 2 tickets at Bishkek western bus station today (Wednesday) at around 6:15PM to go to Tashkent, but there was only one seat left.

So get your ticket early.

Now we are taking another bus which goes to Kazakh/Uzbek border (2 ticket = 1700 som) and then we need to find buses to Tashkent. So there is an alternative, but less convenient.
2 x

Sophie An

Post by Sophie An »

I can confirm that it works :D
We took the bus yesterday at 10 Pm from the west bus station in Bishkek. Actually the bus departs just behind the big building next to the busy west bus station, where all the mashrutkas depart.
There was another, earlier bus too, I think around 6.30 pm. We payed 2000 som for the tickets (we bought them one day in advance though). The bus driver takes another 100 som for every piece of luggage that you want to put in the trunk.
After two hours, you reach the Kazakh border, where it is a bit chaotic. You step out of the bus an pass the Kyrgyz and Kazakh customs. It took us two hours to do so.
Then you have a couple of hours, where you can try to sleep. For me it worked quite well. In the morning the bus reaches the Uzbek-Kazakh border. We had to spend another two hours there.
After 13 hours the bus reached the taschkent bus station.
So, I hope this helps some of those who plan to do the same trip!
1 x

lloik10

Post by lloik10 »

Thanks for all your informations. Just a question : Do you know if there is a website of these bus ? where we can buy tickets or see the timetable ?
I plan to do the way Tashkent => Bishkek :)
best regards
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

There is no website yet.
0 x

Peter N

Post by Peter N »

Hey!
Does anyone know if this bus is running on everyday basis or if there is any schedule? We are planning to do this journey probably on 1st or 2nd January.
Many thanks in advance!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Best to check with the bus station for the latest schedule
0 x

Peter N

Post by Peter N »

Did the bus ride on 2nd. Latest schedule is 2 departures from Bishkek Western Station, 1st at 7:30 PM, 2nd at 10:00 PM. There was no extra fee for baggage, 1000Som per ticket. The bus departing at 7:30 arrived at 8:15 AM at Tashkent bus station (Bunyudkor Avenue).
2 x

Jolle

Post by Jolle »

We're planning going from Tashkent to Bishkek. Does anyone from where the bus departs? Cheers
0 x