Osh: Q&A and reports

All about Kyrgyzstan.
steven
Admin
Admin

Osh: Q&A and reports

Postby steven » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:08 pm

All your questions and reports about travel in Osh are welcome below. If you haven't already, first read our Osh travel guide.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Osh: Q&A and reports

Postby steven » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:09 pm

I did not make a separate food section in the Osh travel guide because it is so difficult to keep it up to date, but I did want to give my personal opinion about Brio, which seems to be the most popular coffee place in Osh for foreigners. I did not like it and think there are better places to go for coffee and internet.

It seems to be owned by the same American Christian missionaries that also own the Sierra coffee chain in Bishkek. I mostly think this because of the heinous Christian pop they play.

Beyond that, I also thought the coffee was not really that good, and the food was definitely sub-par. I much preferred Borsok: good coffee, good wi-fi and quiet.

Just my 2 cents, your opinion on the subject is more than welcome!
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Romed

Postby Romed » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:02 pm

We lost a rain jacket just before heading to the Pamir Highway. Can anybody recommend a place to shop for outdoor equipment in Osh?

Thank you!
0 x

shvedsky

Postby shvedsky » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:53 am

For trekking shoes and quality sandals there’s a shop at the Kelechek Bazaar that actually has quality goods. I’m pretty sure the brand name shoes was the real deal, and they stock a whole range of good stuff. My sandals broke so I visited a whole lot of stores and I couldn’t find anything close to this one. It’s in the shoes/clothing part of the indoor section.
1 x