Kayak sales or rentals in Kyrgyzstan? I have an odd travel idea.

All about Kyrgyzstan.
StakedPlainExplorer

Kayak sales or rentals in Kyrgyzstan? I have an odd travel idea.

Postby StakedPlainExplorer » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:13 am

I am preparing for a 30 day trip mid 2020 to Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, and perhaps Uzbekistan. I want to spend a couple of weeks exploring the lakes and rivers of Kyrgyzstan, especially Kol Suu and the lakes along Hwy A365.

Are there any shops in Bishkek or elsewhere that rent kayaks? I don't want to go on a structured guided tour, especially a group tour, but I am wiling to hire someone to act as driver and guide to help me get to the lakes. I would also be open to buying a new or used kayak, if the price is reasonable.

Thanks!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Kayak sales or rentals in Kyrgyzstan? I have an odd travel idea.

Postby steven » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:33 am

I have never looked into that. AFAIK there is no shop that rents, buying may be different. It's an interesting question. I don't have the time to go digging it out for you, but if you find out yourself, please let us know, it is still early days for kayaking and the few pioneers who have come so far brought their own gear, I believe.

I think tour operators will be the best people to ask for a rental. You will need some form of transport to drop and pick up the kayak anyway, right?
0 x
I read the forum every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D