Russia entry restriction

Azerbaijan, Pakistan, Mongolia, Russia, Caucasus and beyond. Expert: Milad
Nikopol

Re: Russia entry restriction

Post by Nikopol »

Fred DC wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:24 am
I've postponed a moto-trip from France to Kirghizistan in 2020 and 2021 because of covid and it looks like the tension at the border between Ukrain and Russia is a bad news for 2022... I planned to cross over Russia on the way in and enter Ukrain from Russia on the way back...
I hope it will blow over, especialy for people over there.
Is there any news for overland entry in Russia?
None. What more embassy told me that I can only fly to Russia from either my own national airport, or if it doesnt have connection to Russia, then from nearest one which does. So, as a Slovak citizen, I cam exclusively fly to Russia from Vienna Schwechat airport, but not from eg Berlin, or Paris, or even Astana. Crossing via land? No chance, would apparently bring plague upon their house.

Why? Because beurocracy cool-aid never stops, thats why.
0 x

Lutnistas1969

Post by Lutnistas1969 »

I can give only this information. Last summer I travelled one month with my wife from Vladivostok to Moscow by Trans-Siberian Railway. With a lot of stopps. At that time, the only one way to enter Russia ( at least from Germany ) was by Aeroflot and only from Frankfurt or Berlin ( maybe also from München, but I'm not sure ) direct to Moscow. It was possible ( for foreigners ) to take only 3 flights a week from Frankfurt to Moscow. The others flights ( called "charter" ) were only for the Russians or people with a special permit. On the return way, it was possible to take any plane. We stayed one night in Moscow and flew next evening to Vladivostok. At that time, it wasn't possible to cross the border by means of transport other than by plane. The first foregin tourists we meet almost at the end of our trip, probably in Nizhny Novgorod or in Vladimir and of course at the end in Moscow. Most of them were from Arab countries, a bit from Africa and probably also from India. Few people from the so-called "Western world". We received quite normal tourist visas. It took us maybe 10 or 15 minutes to submit the documents and we got our visas after two weeks of waiting.
0 x

Fred DC

Post by Fred DC »

Now I suppose this trip won't be for 2022 and will it be possible in the coming years ?
But it's nothing compare to what is happening today.
All my thoughts for people in Ukrain.
0 x

Bakhtiyark

Post by Bakhtiyark »

Fred DC wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:36 pm
Now I suppose this trip won't be for 2022 and will it be possible in the coming years ?
But it's nothing compare to what is happening today.
All my thoughts for people in Ukrain.
Very hard to tell as events are still developing.
I believe in the end, Russia will be essentially isolated making travel much more difficult.
0 x

Garrian

Post by Garrian »

Is there any news? Can I enter overland from Georgia, to drive to Kazakhstan?
0 x

interrailer

Post by interrailer »

Garrian wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 6:18 am
Is there any news? Can I enter overland from Georgia, to drive to Kazakhstan?
No.
0 x

Siflo

Post by Siflo »

We would like to cross the Georgia to Russia landborder in May/June. Is the border-crossing in the Caucasus open for foreigners with their own car?
Does somwone have experience with it?
0 x

Erikkkk

Post by Erikkkk »

I contacted a visum buro in The Netherlands yesterday and they could provide me with a 30 day tourist, or 60 day business, both double entry, visum. I would be travelling by motorbike. So I guess thats a yes ;)
0 x

Lagerfeld

Russia entry restriction

Post by Lagerfeld »

Today I have got my tourist visa for 180 days, but in this 180 days I only can stay in Russia 90 days,
The visa also is valid for "multiple entrees".
0 x

catharmaiden

Post by catharmaiden »

I would love to hear how your travels through Russia went. Please do post about your experience!

Has anyone from a EU country crossed the Latvia or Estonia border to Russia by car lately?
0 x