From Russia to south est asia without crossing China

Azerbaijan, Pakistan, Mongolia, Russia, Caucasus and beyond. Expert: Milad
margx

From Russia to south est asia without crossing China

Post by margx »

Hello,

I'm planning on a big travel for 2022 by motorbike on the silk road and Pamir Highway, starting from France.
For now my trip would go through Europe, Turkey, Georgia, Azerbaidjan, Turkemistan, Ouzbekistan, Tadjikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Mongolia (if re open), Russia then China and south est asia. Of course this route will be adapted according to the sanitary crisis but crossing China might be impossible or too expensive from Russia to reach south est asia so here my concern:

How can i get from Russia, for example from Vladivostok to south est asia, no matter the country of entrance? Does anyone have ever send a motorbike by plane or ship from russia to south est asia (vietnam, thailand or what ever) or even indonesia?

I only find boat shipping from Vladivostok to South Korea or Japon but from there to south east asia or indonesia, nothing.....
I don't want my travel to stop in Russia because i will stil have months of travel ahead so how can i get out of there with my motorbike if it's impossible to cross China by land?

Thanks in advance,
Margaux
0 x

Lovetheworld

Re: From Russia to south est asia without crossing China

Post by Lovetheworld »

From Vladivostok motorbikes are often shipped in various ways. So if it will go as cargo it can go many places, wherever you want.
But you will not travel with the motorcycle (like the passenger ferry from Vladivostok from South-Korea or so) and shipping time might be annoying.
You could look at air shipping to see if the price is okay for you, but I don't know if that is possible from Vladivostok, but it will probably be possible from South Korea.
You could also checkout Horizons Unlimited BB, there are many motorcycle guys there.
0 x

margx

Post by margx »

Thank you so much for your reply!
I'll check the air freight from south korea and have a look to Horizons Unlimited BB then!
Thanks a lot!
0 x

Hound_Dog

Post by Hound_Dog »

Firstly, you can ship pretty much anything from anywhere, it just takes money, often lots of it and time. Air freight will be very expensive but is fast and you can often fly on the same flight rather than having to wait months for sea cargo to arrive.

FYI, you can forget china next year. Ditto Burma. Anyone wanting to cross from Europe to SEA will need to factor in freight for the foreseeable future.
0 x

margx

Post by margx »

Hello!
The more informations i get and i more complicate and quite impossible it seem to cross China next year. I'll work on an alternative thought :) Thanks a lot for your reply!
0 x