When will Azerbaijan open its borders?

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
Garrian

Re: Azerbaijan extend their current Covid regime until at least March

Post by Garrian »

edwardbgill wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:13 am

Just done some digging on this, as I thought that maritime borders would open too, but I think you're right. The below article is quite specific in referencing the Uzbek, Kyrgz and Russian land borders. It doesn't appear to cover maritime borders (and so arriving in Aktau from Baku).

https://www.rferl.org/a/kazakhstan-lift ... 96631.html

Ed
Yeah unfortunately... I spoke with the KZ embassy in Norway, which contacted the border security in Aktau, which confirmed this. No news indication if they will open or not.

I would like to speak with them directly, but I have not succeeded to contact them.

I am planning to take this ferry 10th of May, so i really hope they will open.
0 x

_Ellen_

Post by _Ellen_ »

Does not really make sense that land borders are open but not possible to enter by sea…. Any information of when these are supposed to be opened?
0 x

MartinN

Post by MartinN »

Depends....
We know that Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan are still closed. Honestly, i don't know about Iran, so , if i'm right, only ferry can go from Iran to Kazakhstan.
Not really connected, but Kazhastan has decided that train traffic between Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan will restart on 1or2 of May and not from April 1st.
0 x

Garrian

Post by Garrian »

MartinN wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:55 pm
Depends....
We know that Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan are still closed. Honestly, i don't know about Iran, so , if i'm right, only ferry can go from Iran to Kazakhstan.
Not really connected, but Kazhastan has decided that train traffic between Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan will restart on 1or2 of May and not from April 1st.
How likely is it that Azerbaijan will open land border 1 or 2 of May?
0 x

sebhoff

Post by sebhoff »

Here's a something I just saw - doesn't really give an answer to your question, though: https://eurasianet.org/two-years-on-aze ... ain-closed
Let's see whether there's a change in the situation soon...
Sebastian
1 x

MartinN

Post by MartinN »

In Kazakhstan part of forum in topic: Entering port of Aktau or Kuryk - Covid restrictions, is good explanation about ferry from Baku to Aktau.

I hope that this will be possible soon, since my plan is to go from Kazakhstan to Azerbaijan and then to Georgia...
0 x

Garrian

Post by Garrian »

MartinN wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 3:30 pm
In Kazakhstan part of forum in topic: Entering port of Aktau or Kuryk - Covid restrictions, is good explanation about ferry from Baku to Aktau.

I hope that this will be possible soon, since my plan is to go from Kazakhstan to Azerbaijan and then to Georgia...
Im in georgia with my car now, and was hoping to enter Azerbaijan the next days. But today i spoke with a friend in azerbaijan and he said that they probably wont open before septemper, earlier he sais may. I dont know, but i really hope to get in azerbaija very soon.
1 x

theroadtrotter

Post by theroadtrotter »

As there are no official statements until now: Anybody tried or heard of someone crossing into Azerbaijan via land borders since 1st of May?
0 x

UsInWorld

Post by UsInWorld »

Good news just seen this:

https://azpolitika.info/?p=674702

Azerbaijan land borders opening late May/early June
1 x

MartinN

Post by MartinN »

Is there maybe some news regarding Azerbaijan opening land borders?
0 x