Wagah Border (Lahore - Amritsar) PAK - IND

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
pikbek

Re: Wagah Border (Lahore - Amritsar) PAK - IND

Post by pikbek »

Well,I did it from India to Pakistan only.But as I said Indian immigration officials at the border said it is ok to cross me back from Pakistan on my e-visa.
0 x

FaisalAK

Wagah border

Post by FaisalAK »

Can anyone update if the Wagah border is functional in case of individual crossing from India to Pakistan having visa of both?
0 x

FaisalAK

Re: Pakistan e-visa and VOA Q&A

Post by FaisalAK »

olig wrote:I'm in Lahore and almost everyday I'm saying good bye to travel mates leaving for Wagah and India (: And a Spanish girl crossed last Sunday from India to Pakistan.
Thank you olig. I was a bit concerned about what I heard in August that both countries suspended Wagah border crossing due to their diplomatic standoff regarding kashmir issue.
Hope it would be okay now...
0 x

cycleourworlddotcom

Post by cycleourworlddotcom »

Has anyone crossed the border with a drone? I hear drones are usually confiscated when flying into India but also hear that guards often will miss them at land borders. Any experience anyone? I just have a small DJI Spark and don't want to risk it getting lost in the post going back home and then back out after India.
0 x

okolas

Pakistan -India by road?? or ferry??

Post by okolas »

Hello. We are a camping couple. We are currently in Iran. We would like to go to Pakistan in 2 months to continue to India then in May-June

Can anyone tell me if the land borders are likely to be open between pakistan and india?
Or if the borders are still closed in June, are there ferries from Pakistan to India where it would be possible to put our camper?

Thank you
0 x

okolas

Post by okolas »

Hello. We are a camping couple. We are currently in Iran. We would like to go to Pakistan in 2 months to continue to India then.

Do you know if Wagah Pakistan-India land border is open??

Thank you

Cordially
1 x

murg

Post by murg »

Hi there!

Never heard of a ferry.
You could ship the vehicle and take a train.

Shipment will take time to organize & cost a Fortune. Indian customs are time consuming and nerve wrecking. Pakistan customs are Not used to the process, but works quite OK. A friend shipped 2 motorbikes from Karachi to Europe when wecwere stuck due to COVID. Was a bit complicated, but as mentioned, it has worked.

Afaik Border is open. It's no big issue reg. the crossing itself, but the setting of the compound is an experience you shouldn't miss.

viewtopic.php?p=27944#p27944
0 x
Riding the globe (well, at least some parts)
living in Germany

olig

Post by olig »

Are you sure that train is still running nowadays? and that Wagah is crossable? A few indirect reports reached my ears, telling that you needed some special permit to cross from Pak to India (apparently part of updated covid restrictions).
1 x

murg

Post by murg »

Not sure if the train is operating.

The border is open as my sources in Delhi say. I do Not know which documents are needed besides vehicle Docs, carnet, Passport & Visa, especially not which COVID Docs. The embassy could clarify this.
0 x
Riding the globe (well, at least some parts)
living in Germany

newtourist

Post by newtourist »

Its open if you cross from Amritsar to Lahore but not the other way. Unless you’re Indian or Pakistani or you’re on diplomatic passport or you have business visa. Not open for tourist. No train available.
0 x