Want to stay in Pakistan for as long as possible

Azerbaijan, Pakistan, Mongolia, Russia, Caucasus and beyond. Expert: Milad
traveltoad

Want to stay in Pakistan for as long as possible

Post by traveltoad »

I'm travelling to Pakistan next week and I plan on enrolling in an Urdu school. I have a three month tourist visa but I want to stay in Pakistan as long as possible to improve my language skills. I have a couple of questions for you experienced folks.

1. The visa nadra website states that "A Tourist Visa can be extended for up to 6 Months or more, subject to approval" Anyone have any experience of this?
2. If I am denied an extension, how long must I remain out of the country before entering again?

I am not of Pakistani origin. Just a regular white guy, if that matters.

Thanks!
0 x

missmax8

Re: Want to stay in Pakistan for as long as possible

Post by missmax8 »

Hi!
1. I was in Pakistan last year on a tourist visa, which I applied online and received in three days (I'm Swiss). As soon as I entered the country I requested extension (3 months) but the nadra took ages to approve it. In fact, my extension was accepted three months later, one day before my flight out of the country, but the extension of my partner was not so he had to pay 200 USD when leaving. Other travelers had similar experiences with pak visa extension, meaning that it took a lot of time to be granted. Maybe in your case it'd be okay because you have 6 months time to "wait". But my tip is: invest the money in an agency that has good connections with the nadra and can garantee you the 6-months extension ;-)
2. I don't know.

The FB group "Backpacking Pakistan" contains lots of discussions about visa issues.
1 x