Crossing Azerbaïdjan from Georgia to Kazakhstan with a car

Azerbaijan, Pakistan, Mongolia, Russia, Caucasus and beyond. Expert: Milad
odyssee_orient

Post by odyssee_orient »

Hi
I am a Belgian guy trying to reach Kazakhstan from Georgia by car and it doesn't seem easy to get across Azerbaidjan atm.
I was thinking about sending my car by train from Tbilisi to Baku while I take a plane to Baku and then leaving the country with a ferry for Aktaou in Kazakstan.
Because the border is closed for pandemic reasons but not airports, is it possible to leave with a ferry and my car?

What do you suggest to do in this situation?

Thanks in advance
0 x

Lagerfeld

Post by Lagerfeld »

At the moment you can enter Azerbaidshan only by plane to Baku; all land borders are still closed due pandemic reason.
My newest information is that from 01. of May the land borders open for tourists again. And than you can use the shipping company ASCO to go from Alat / Baku to Aqtau in Kasakstan.

From this company I received few month ago this message:

It depends on the weather condition and when the vessel is full and ready to travel.
You can see the routes by following the link https://ships.asco.az/en or by calling ticket office Alat (Baku) - Kurik +99455 9999 124

And this also:

ASCO - Representative in Kazakhstan | Republic of Kazakhstan, Aktau

Gasimov Ilgar | Tel.:+77072929955 | Email : [email protected]
2 x

agshin

Re: Crossing Azerbaïdjan from Georgia to Kazakhstan with a car

Post by agshin »

Hi, I know what people do in Azerbaijan. They just load the car onto the tow-truck to let it cross the border. But you will definitely not be able to cross the land border. You have to fly into Azerbaijan. The second biggest city is Ganja which is just 140 km away from Georgian-Azerbaijani border. Baku is 500 km. So, you might search for Tbilisi-Ganja flights. But I have no idea about direct flights. Ganja is the name of the city ))))
0 x
Agshin

agshin

Post by agshin »

In Azerbaijan, quarantine due to pandemic has been officially extended until 2 April 2024. Land (sea) borders will still be closed for entry of individuals, only be open for leaving foreigners
0 x
Agshin

Kstein

Post by Kstein »

Hello,

We want to enter Azerbaijan from Georgia with our 2006 Toyota Landcruiser at the end of April or beginning of May 2024. Of course we hope that the border will be open again (is there any valid information on this?) or we will have the car transported to Azerbaijan.

We then want to travel on to Kazakhstan or Turkmenistan in September, i.e. 4-5 months later. In the meantime, we want to fly home and then come back.

Can we leave the car in Azerbaijan for that long?

Or how long can I park the car in Azerbaijan?

Unfortunately, I've read so much different information here, ranging from 30 days to a year, that I'd rather ask again.

Thank you!
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

It's not going to re-open by then. As long as the war continues they will keep extending their border closure under the guise of Covid.
0 x

Lagerfeld

Post by Lagerfeld »

As I have heard, AZ want to open his land borders at the 1st of April - is this not truth?
0 x

TheNonFlyingDutchman

Post by TheNonFlyingDutchman »

Lagerfeld wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:54 pm
As I have heard, AZ want to open his land borders at the 1st of April - is this not truth?
They have been saying this since covid. Every time they schedule to reopen, and then 1-2 days before they extend the border closure for another 2 months. I don’t expect anything to change here anytime soon. Please don’t be deceived by these opening rumours. I have been, it was a waste of time.

Until they have actually opened their borders I would plan on closed borders.
0 x

adi

Post by adi »

0 x

Fred DC

Post by Fred DC »

adi wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:08 pm
Sorry to diappoint you: Georgia-Azerbaijan Land Border to Remain Closed until July 2024
Bad news!
Will it possible to cross from Kazakhstan to Azerbaïdjan by ferry and from Azerbaïdjan to Georgia by land ??
0 x