Baku hotels with early check-in flexibility

Azerbaijan, Pakistan, Mongolia, Russia, Caucasus and beyond. Expert: Milad
Jonesy

Baku hotels with early check-in flexibility

Post by Jonesy »

I'm arriving in Baku on a flight from Aktau, KZ, next month. Problem is, the flight arrives at 4.40am. I realise this is a long shot and that I'll probably have to pay for an extra 'night' that I don't really use, but does anyone know any hotels that will allow a super-early check-in?

I also face the same issue when the Turkestan-Aktau train gets in at 06.50am. All the hotels in Aktau have quoted me 100% cost for early check-in at that time :(
0 x

sah10406

Re: Baku hotels with early check-in flexibility

Post by sah10406 »

Pretty sure Azerbaijan isn't within the remit of this site?
0 x

Jonesy

Post by Jonesy »

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 11.13.41.png
Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 11.13.41.png (22.31 KiB) Viewed 916 times
Er, I posted this in the 'Other' section, which includes Azerbaijan :?

Not trying to be arsey, but please check before trying to be smart ;)
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Yes, both Baku and Aqtau are more business travel than tourist destinations so they are used to getting your business anyway. Pay another night or perhaps "day use", which is becoming more popular with several sites offering this service, or otherwise drop your bags and explore the city until you can check in at 2pm
1 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Jonesy

Post by Jonesy »

steven wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:25 am
Yes, both Baku and Aqtau are more business travel than tourist destinations so they are used to getting your business anyway. Pay another night or perhaps "day use", which is becoming more popular with several sites offering this service, or otherwise drop your bags and explore the city until you can check in at 2pm
Yeah - the Aktau Hotel in, er, Aktau got back to me and said they charge 50% for early check-in, which I think is reasonable enough (although given the time of year, I doubt they'll be full anyway!). I've just paid a extra night for Baku as I'll hopefully be in before 6am and want breakfast!

Day service sounds like a good deal. As long as it's not 'hourly rates' as some seedier places offer :mrgreen:
0 x

Jonesy

Post by Jonesy »

Avoid Karat Inn hotel. Not sure what was going on but they kept pretending their card machine was broken. I was in danger of missing my train when miraculously, on trying it for the first time, the machine worked. Shame, as it’s comfy, and close to the railway station with an excellent cafe just a few doors down.
0 x