Pakistan visa in HK (outside USA)

Azerbaijan, Pakistan, Mongolia, Russia, Caucasus and beyond. Expert: Milad
exploreout

Pakistan visa in HK (outside USA)

Post by exploreout »

I am in Hong Kong on a student visa and will be here for another ~4 weeks. I plan on visiting Pakistan (the safe areas like Lahore, Islamabad, etc.) sometime in October or November for about 8-10 days.

The visa process seems like a huge headache. I am not able to go to the Pakistan Embassy in DC. Are there any ways around this and be able to travel independently (not with a tour/guide)?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Pakistan visa in HK (outside USA)

Post by steven »

Sending your passport to the us and applying through a visa agency is the best way to go. People do this kind of stuff frequently.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

exploreout

Post by exploreout »

Hmm, this is risky. If something/anything happens to my passport, I'm screwed. But at least, I know about this now while I will still be in one place for 3 weeks. I wonder would any old passport suffice...?
0 x

exploreout

Post by exploreout »

Update:
I called the Pakistan consulate here in Hong Kong inquiring about how to get a visa for Pakistan as an American studying in Hong Kong. This is what I was told is required:

1. one year worth of bank statments
2. copy of hotel booking reservations
3. copy of passport
4. HKD 950 payment

He said the turn-around is same day processing. You turn in the paperwork and receive the visa on the same day. What I plan on doing is booking my hotel online at a site that allows free cancellation. This way I am not tied to any specific accommodations. The consulate is open for visa processing from 0900-1300 but the consulate itself closes at 1600. I'm not sure the days though but I assume daily since he didn't specify otherwise.

I do have two one issues though:
1. bank statements
^ Getting bank statements while I'm overseas may be a problem if they require original statements. I would only be able to get copies. I'm going to try it and see what they say.

2. dates
^ Since I am doing a round-the-world trip, I don't know exactly when I will be in Iran. I'm not sure what dates to give them. For US citizens, what are the time frames that govern visas issued to us? What is my time window that I have to use the visa? For Russia, it's 3 years, China 10 years, but I'm not sure what it is for Pakistan. I've read 30-90 days but that is a big gap. Can someone clarify please?

Nevermind on issue #2, I read the visa page here more carefully. It was staring me right in the face. :)
0 x

exploreout

Post by exploreout »

Ok, they won't let me get the visa here. Has to be via the embassy in the USA.
steven wrote:Sending your passport to the us and applying through a visa agency is the best way to go. People do this kind of stuff frequently.
Is there a recommended agency we should use? (processing times?) I've pretty much decided that Pakistan is a no-go, way too much hassle for nothing. But I'm curious nonetheless.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Sorry, do nOt know about visa agencies in the us that handle this type of questions. If anyone has a recommendation, welcome to share.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D