Russia in a Campervan - 90 day business visa question - proof of return flight?

Azerbaijan, Pakistan, Mongolia, Russia, Caucasus and beyond. Expert: Milad
wakeyjamie

Russia in a Campervan - 90 day business visa question - proof of return flight?

Post by wakeyjamie »

Hi Everyone,

My wife (French) and I (UK Citizen) are in the final stages of organising a big trip through Russia and Central Asia. We are both UK residents.

The only visa we are going to pre-organise is a Russian Business visa for 90 days. We have hit a bit of a snag, We have been told that because my wife is French, she has to show proof of a return flight before we can proceed with the application.

This is obviously a bit difficult as we are traveling in a vehicle and continuing onto Kazakhstan and Kyrg. Does anyone have any experience of this, or know a way around it. I have heard of an Auto-Tourism visa, would this be a better solution.

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Jamie
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Russia in a Campervan - 90 day business visa question - proof of return flight?

Post by steven »

Why not book a return flight that you can cancel?
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Martyn

Re: Russia in a Campervan - 90 day business visa question - proof of return flight?

Post by Martyn »

My girlfriend and I are planning a road trip through Russia with a camper van as well. We've considered a transit visa but that wouldn't allow us to stay anywhere longer than strictly necessary to get from A to B.

Therefore we applied for a autotourism visa. We did have to pre book hotels and give our route (it needs to be stated on your invitation), but afterwards you can cancel your hotels and go where ever. Make sure your itinerary covers the entire stay because the visa is date specific.
1 x