Uzbekistan Airways official site?

All about Uzbekistan.
PamT

Uzbekistan Airways official site?

Postby PamT » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:26 pm

Hi, I'm trying to book flights from Tashkent to Urgench but there seem to be a number of websites for Uzbek airways. Can anyone link me to the genuine website for ticket purchase? Thanks
0 x

sanjarbek

Re: Uzbekistan Airways official site?

Postby sanjarbek » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:48 pm

1 x

AreWeThereYet?

Postby AreWeThereYet? » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:11 am

I booked on an on-line travel agency (BudgetAir) and it all went fine. Mind you, there was no online check-in.

Also worth mentioning that my experiences with Uzbekistan Airways have been, shall we say, dismal. On par with the old JAT in the early 2000s with the cabin crew smoking in the galley.
1 x
www.awtytravels.com
Stories from the road.

netllama

Postby netllama » Sat May 02, 2020 4:52 am

AreWeThereYet? wrote:I booked on an on-line travel agency (BudgetAir) and it all went fine. Mind you, there was no online check-in.

Also worth mentioning that my experiences with Uzbekistan Airways have been, shall we say, dismal. On par with the old JAT in the early 2000s with the cabin crew smoking in the galley.

When did you last fly them? I flew them 4 times inside Uzbekistan last summer, and while it wan't a great experience, it was no where near as bad as you describe. Crew were definitely not smoking, flights generally arrived on time, they handed out free drinks on every flight.
0 x

AreWeThereYet?

Postby AreWeThereYet? » Sat May 02, 2020 3:00 pm

netllama wrote:
AreWeThereYet? wrote:I booked on an on-line travel agency (BudgetAir) and it all went fine. Mind you, there was no online check-in.

When did you last fly them? I flew them 4 times inside Uzbekistan last summer, and while it wan't a great experience, it was no where near as bad as you describe. Crew were definitely not smoking, flights generally arrived on time, they handed out free drinks on every flight.

Two years ago, London-Tashkent and back. Besides quite a cramped configuration (something like 300+ seats for a 767-300 aircraft?!) the highlights included the cabin crew shouting "Muslim! Muslim!" when handing out the special meals (they were asking shouting that at everyone, including the Sikhs en route to Amritsar), an 'interesting' boarding operation at Tashkent (get everyone to stand in line in the jetty for an hour whilst something happens, then push people in as quickly as possible) and take-offs with the crew still 'inspecting' the cabin.

I'd take Air Astana over them (but also over a fair few European airlines) in a heartbeat.
1 x
www.awtytravels.com
Stories from the road.