Uzbekistan travel restrictions/reopening Q&A

All about Uzbekistan.
Iskandar

Re: Uzbekistan travel restrictions/reopening Q&A

Post by Iskandar »

ccc wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:45 pm
May I ask, where to find a currant list of all countries have been designated as Red locations? Thanks in advance.
https://www.garda.com/crisis24/news-ale ... -update-28
Arrivals from Green locations must provide a PCR test no more than 72 hours old. Green locations include China, Thailand, Malaysia, South Korea, Georgia, Hungary, Finland, Latvia, Austria, and Japan.

Travelers who have visited any Yellow location within the previous 10 days must self-isolate for 14 days on arrival in addition to taking two PCR tests seven days apart. Yellow locations include Azerbaijan, Belarus, UAE, and most of the EU.

All other countries have been designated as Red locations. Passengers who have visited a Red country within the previous 10 days must present a negative PCR test no more than 72 hours old, take two PCR tests seven days apart, and self-isolate for 14 days upon arrival in Uzbekistan. Persons who fail either test may be quarantined in a state facility. Arrivals must also complete a passenger form specifying their accommodations for the self-isolation period. While flights with several of these countries have been suspended, travelers from Red locations may enter Uzbekistan by transiting a Yellow or Green location. Uzbek nationals returning from a Red country will be quarantined in a state facility for 14 days.
0 x

Iskandar

Post by Iskandar »

I dont know if the list of Garda is the same that was published in 2020 or there is a new list.
Last edited by Iskandar on Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Iskandar

Post by Iskandar »

Kyrgyztan and Tajikistan supose are on the red list. If this si true, all overland trips to Uzbekistan will make a quarantine there. That destroy all my trip to Asia Central in September. I hope this restriction lift soon!!
0 x

nikagoes

Post by nikagoes »

I was intending to visit Uzbekistan mid September after two weeks in Kyrgyzstan so I really appreciate any updates and information! Thanks so much
0 x

sebhoff

Post by sebhoff »

Iskandar wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:26 pm
I dont know if the list of Garda is the same that was published in 2020 or there is a new list.
I'm 99.9% sure it's the old list from 2020. Georgia was one of the countries that had almost no cases until about September 2020 - and things have now quite dramatically changed (they now have the fourth-highest incidence rate in the world).
My hunch is that 1) this is a political announcement to show that they are doing something about the problem but 2) effectively nothing will change and tourism will be possible from pretty much anywhere. From what I have heard, tourists have had to sign a paper confirming that the will go into quarantine for the past few months. Effectively, nobody seems to have cared. It'll be interesting to see whether this continues, though.
I also suspect that there is still massive underreporting of corona cases. Today's 924 reported cases are similar to the all-time record from last year (981 cases on 4 August) - but given that their excess mortality was 20'000 in 2020, these figures are clearly only the tip of the iceberg. Uzbekistan is ranked 174th in the world with respect to the number of tests per million people: about 4% of the population has been tested since the pandemic started (although of course the actual figure is even lower because of people who have been tested more than once), while 52 countries have carried out more than a million tests per million people so far (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries).
Sebastian
1 x

Iskandar

Post by Iskandar »

sebhoff wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:17 am
Iskandar wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:26 pm
I'm 99.9% sure it's the old list from 2020. Georgia was one of the countries that had almost no cases until about September 2020 - and things have now quite dramatically changed (they now have the fourth-highest incidence rate in the world).
My hunch is that 1) this is a political announcement to show that they are doing something about the problem but 2) effectively nothing will change and tourism will be possible from pretty much anywhere. From what I have heard, tourists have had to sign a paper confirming that the will go into quarantine for the past few months. Effectively, nobody seems to have cared. It'll be interesting to see whether this continues, though.
I also suspect that there is still massive underreporting of corona cases. Today's 924 reported cases are similar to the all-time record from last year (981 cases on 4 August) - but given that their excess mortality was 20'000 in 2020, these figures are clearly only the tip of the iceberg. Uzbekistan is ranked 174th in the world with respect to the number of tests per million people: about 4% of the population has been tested since the pandemic started (although of course the actual figure is even lower because of people who have been tested more than once), while 52 countries have carried out more than a million tests per million people so far (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries).
Sebastian
Weel, is writen update on 28 July this list, but I saw that the link to de MFA, the dates are always update on today every day, So may be is an update automaticaly on the page but the info is from 2020. In IATA page, for the flights is not written this restictions, We must wait some reports of tourist crosing the border for know is this info is true.
0 x

PanNL

Post by PanNL »

Iskandar wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:22 pm
ccc wrote:
May I ask, where to find a currant list of all countries have been designated as Red locations? Thanks in advance.
Arrivals from Green locations must provide a PCR test no more than 72 hours old. Green locations include China, Thailand, Malaysia, South Korea, Georgia, Hungary, Finland, Latvia, Austria, and Japan.

Travelers who have visited any Yellow location within the previous 10 days must self-isolate for 14 days on arrival in addition to taking two PCR tests seven days apart. Yellow locations include Azerbaijan, Belarus, UAE, and most of the EU.

All other countries have been designated as Red locations. Passengers who have visited a Red country within the previous 10 days must present a negative PCR test no more than 72 hours old, take two PCR tests seven days apart, and self-isolate for 14 days upon arrival in Uzbekistan. Persons who fail either test may be quarantined in a state facility. Arrivals must also complete a passenger form specifying their accommodations for the self-isolation period. While flights with several of these countries have been suspended, travelers from Red locations may enter Uzbekistan by transiting a Yellow or Green location. Uzbek nationals returning from a Red country will be quarantined in a state facility for 14 days.
This is old information. Currently everyone can visit with a negative PCR test.
Useful link: https://twitter.com/UZAmbassador

Planning to go in October myself. Hope they will not change everything at the last moment.
1 x

Iskandar

Post by Iskandar »

PanNL wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:47 am
Iskandar wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:22 pm
ccc wrote:

This is old information. Currently everyone can visit with a negative PCR test.
Useful link: https://twitter.com/UZAmbassador
I suspect that the problem comes from the fact that on the MFA page the update is only the date and not its content.
https://mfa.uz/en/press/news/2021/infor ... ic---30087

Planning to go in October myself. Hope they will not change everything at the last moment.
0 x

Iskandar

Post by Iskandar »

I suspect that the problem comes from the fact that on the MFA page the update is only the date and not its content. But we must wait some report of any travelling in this month.
https://mfa.uz/en/press/news/2021/infor ... ic---30087
0 x

Iskandar

Post by Iskandar »

0 x