Tashkent to Chatkal Mountains, where to stay?

All about Uzbekistan.
Forest777

Tashkent to Chatkal Mountains, where to stay?

Post by Forest777 »

We're going next May to Uzbekistan and are interested in going to the Chatkal Mountains and staying somewhere nearby.

We wondered if anybody could recommend which town or village to stay, we will be coming from Tashkent so would like to get a train which we prefer, or a bus, or if we were to get a shared taxi or marshrutka, where will we be able to get it from?

Budget wise, we're not looking for an upscale place to stay for 1 to 2 nights, we'd like to go into the mountains but we're not advanced or intermediate trekkers, we would like to take pictures and maybe take a hike for an hour or so.

Can anybody recommend any town or village to stay? :?:
0 x

sebhoff

Re: Tashkent to Chatkal Mountains, where to stay?

Post by sebhoff »

Since you mention going by train: I've found it quite difficult to find out about local trains that go in this direction - but at last I was successful: https://tashtrans.uz/shema-napravleniy- ... tashkenta/ - Google translate will help if you don't read/speak Russian.
I'll be watching this thread and would also be interested in recommendations!
0 x

Forest777

Re: Tashkent to Chatkal Mountains, where to stay?

Post by Forest777 »

sebhoff wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:17 pm
Since you mention going by train: I've found it quite difficult to find out about local trains that go in this direction - but at last I was successful: https://tashtrans.uz/shema-napravleniy- ... tashkenta/ - Google translate will help if you don't read/speak Russian.
I'll be watching this thread and would also be interested in recommendations!
Thank you very much for your reply.
This is one of those times I am glad I can read Cyrillic and know a minimal amount of Russian :lol:
0 x