Buying train tickets in Uzbekistan

All about Uzbekistan.
val

Re: Buying train tickets in Uzbekistan

Post by val »

I would suggest you check uzbek railway website regularly.
I had experienced that tickets are not released exactly 45 days before date, so don't give up.
Anyhow fast trains and slow trains are all listed on same page so all all options are shown at same time.
0 x

Myosotis

Post by Myosotis »

I bought most of my tickets there 1 or 2 days in advance.

Can be full but if you take it a week in advance you'll always have a sit
0 x

Nidhik2300

Re: Buying train tickets in Uzbekistan. Uzbec bovt trying to crack down on resellers. from a train lover!!!

Post by Nidhik2300 »

I saw that you returned tickets, was the payment using Stripe and did you get refund on your credit card. We cancelled tickets and don't have a refund yet.
Ian Sp wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:30 am
I traveled on trains in Uzbek in May and June. Initially I bought tickets as soon as they were available (8am local time, 6 weeks in advance), but could never get tickets for the fast trains. I later found out tour operators, travel agents and just normal people wanting to make a profit were buying tickets with the aim of reselling them at a profit, and if not returning them online a day before departure for a refund. This was disruptive for travelers and locals alike.

During May, a message appeared on the website https://e-ticket.railway.uz/en/home calling them "scavengers" and saying they had to go the station for refunds instead of doing it online. I saw one "smooth" character turning up to Samarkand station, trying to push in front to jump the queue, with a wad of 40-50 tickets to process refunds. The queue quickly turned on him. The return queues were busy, but if it stops this reselling it is worth it.

Hopefully the actions the government is trying to take stops the reselling, as it makes it hard for locals as well for travelers to get tickets in advance. So, as a suggestion, keep your eye on the site leading up to when you want tickets as i found even tickets for the fast trains became available a day or so before departure. It was a pain having to plan a trip so far in advance, but i was able to change my plans around and return and book tickets for when I wanted.

Trains are a great way to travel :)
0 x

Ian Sp

Re: Buying train tickets in Uzbekistan. Uzbec bovt trying to crack down on resellers. from a train lover!!!

Post by Ian Sp »

Nidhik2300 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:26 pm
I saw that you returned tickets, was the payment using Stripe and did you get refund on your credit card. We cancelled tickets and don't have a refund yet.
Ian Sp wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:30 am
I traveled on trains in Uzbek in May and June. Initially I bought tickets as soon as they were available (8am local time, 6 weeks in advance), but could never get tickets for the fast trains. I later found out tour operators, travel agents and just normal people wanting to make a profit were buying tickets with the aim of reselling them at a profit, and if not returning them online a day before departure for a refund. This was disruptive for travelers and locals alike.

During May, a message appeared on the website https://e-ticket.railway.uz/en/home calling them "scavengers" and saying they had to go the station for refunds instead of doing it online. I saw one "smooth" character turning up to Samarkand station, trying to push in front to jump the queue, with a wad of 40-50 tickets to process refunds. The queue quickly turned on him. The return queues were busy, but if it stops this reselling it is worth it.

Hopefully the actions the government is trying to take stops the reselling, as it makes it hard for locals as well for travelers to get tickets in advance. So, as a suggestion, keep your eye on the site leading up to when you want tickets as i found even tickets for the fast trains became available a day or so before departure. It was a pain having to plan a trip so far in advance, but i was able to change my plans around and return and book tickets for when I wanted.

Trains are a great way to travel :)
I didn't use stripe, I used the other method to pay via credit card, but the refunds did come through, generally 5-7 days, but i suppose it depends on how many people are currently travelling and therefore how many refunds to process. From memory they deduct a small fee for the cancellations
0 x

Nidhik2300

Post by Nidhik2300 »

Thanks, helpful to know that we can hope to get the refund in next few days.
0 x

Nicosc

Post by Nicosc »

Hi! I'm trying to book train tickets online but it does not work. I needed to create an user account but I did not receive any confirmation email. I tried to create it again but then it says that my email address is already in use. When I want to retrieve my password, it says it sends me an email but it does not. What should I do?
0 x

Tasurinchi

Post by Tasurinchi »

I just registered yesterday with no issues.

Check your spam folders, or if you had setup any automatic filters deleting emails, in which case check also the paper bin.
0 x

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

Anyone having trouble buying tickets for certain lines? I successfully bought Tashkent-Samarqand and Samarqand-Bukhara, but am unable to buy tickets for Bukhara-Khiva or Tashkent-Andijan for any dates in late July/early August.
0 x

sebhoff

Post by sebhoff »

Bukhara - Khiva is a known problem. Tickets are released much closer to the date of travel. See for example viewtopic.php?f=12&t=15128
Tashkent-Andijan: The regular – i.e. non-sleeper – trains (now?) also seem to be sold less than 45 before travel. I can see plenty of tickets for the 7:54 train on 14 July, but nothing for 15 July. This is not a problem - there are 199 seats left tomorrow morning, and I very strongly suspect the situation will be reasonably similar on the day you're planning t travel.
1 x

Alfredtyrrell

Post by Alfredtyrrell »

I did not know I had to book my train tickets well in advance am am trying to buy some for a couple of weeks time. I have seen adventour might be able to help, are they legitimate?
Also, I cannot see any information on the train from Bukhara to Khiva. All the others say they are sold out that one does not even appear. Has anoyone got any information.
Also, I can still see that there are ticket available for the next few days- is it sensible just to wait and book them closer to the time?
Last edited by Alfredtyrrell on Fri Jul 05, 2024 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x