To Sentyab/Nuratau mountains by public transport?

All about Uzbekistan.
Irisz

To Sentyab/Nuratau mountains by public transport?

Post by Irisz »

Hi guys!

I can't find any (recent) information on how to reach Sentyab or the Nuratau mountains/national reserve by public transport. Does anyone have some advice?

So I guess we could take a train from Samarkand to Jizzakh, but are there any minibuses (or shared taxis) going to Sentyab? We'd rather go indiviually than booking a whole tour, as it seems to be the only option accordin to the Nuratau tourist info website.

Thanks a lot for any tips!
Iris
0 x

Christian77
Tajikistan expert
Tajikistan expert

Re: To Sentyab/Nuratau mountains by public transport?

Post by Christian77 »

Hey,

Navoi should be your final transit point. Exact instructions in section 1C: https://www.ruslan-tours.com/information (shared car is super cheap).

I helped write these instructions, and I was able to get there based on these instructions. But by "there" I mean the town of Nurata. Onward into the mountains from Nurata will likely be difficult without paying for a private driver. The towns in the mountains are tiny, and there is not a lot of back and forth travel.

If you try to hitch-hike from Nurata, payment is expected. You should only accept a free ride if it is a nice new/expensive car... They do Iranian-style ta'rof (false offers that should be refused) here.
1 x