Uzbekistan to abolish foreigner registration from July 2020

All about Uzbekistan.
Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Uzbekistan to abolish foreigner registration from July 2020

Post by Milad »

The absurd counting of registration slips will finally come to an end: https://review.uz/ru/news/economy/v-uzb ... x243JSDXTQ (Link is in Russian)
2 x

sanjarbek

Re: Uzbekistan to abolish foreigner registration

Post by sanjarbek »

A draft presidential decree “On additional measures to increase the effectiveness of ongoing reforms in the tourism sector” was published on the portal for discussing draft normative-legal acts.

According to the document, from July 1, 2020, it is planned to cancel the registration of foreign citizens and stateless persons on the territory of Uzbekistan for not more than 30 calendar days.

https://kun.uz/en/news/2019/12/10/uzbek ... foreigners

Sanjar
2 x

Frank

Registration for Tourist 2022 in UZB

Post by Frank »

Hi, good afternoon,
I'm looking for an answer to the question whether the tourist registration process still has to be done every 3 days in So 2022?
There were newspaper reports that announced the end of registrations for a maximum stay of 30 days in 2020.
0 x

elhabibi

Re: Registration for Tourist 2022 in UZB

Post by elhabibi »

Frank wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:00 pm
Hi, good afternoon,
I'm looking for an answer to the question whether the tourist registration process still has to be done every 3 days in So 2022?
There were newspaper reports that announced the end of registrations for a maximum stay of 30 days in 2020.
Hi Frank, I'm currently in Uzbekistan and the registration policy still applies but luckily the hotels or hostels take care of that and give you a slip at the end of your stay for your records. So it seems to be more of a passive effort to keep all those slips during your stay, then actually checking in yourself with the authorities. Complications might appear if you plan on sleeping in a tent or at a friend. When I entered the country there was also a notice at the passport control mentioning that fines can come when you skip registration for a couple of consecutive days, but I was shy to take a picture of that. I'll report back if I notice anything new over the next month.
2 x

elhabibi

Re: Uzbekistan to abolish foreigner registration from July 2020

Post by elhabibi »

Hi Frank,

I exited Uzbekistan the other day through the Tejen border with Kazakhstan. Once arrived ar the Uzbek border, the officer checked all my registration slips and tried to build the timeline of my stay and ensure I am covered for most of the days. He asked me a couple of questions about what I do and where I am from, somehow to confirm my identity, then asked me to show him the last 3-4 pics on my phone to make sure I didn't take any pictures at the border point.

So make sure you do keep your registration slips with you to make the exit process easier for you.
1 x

Duncan Wilson

Re: Uzbekistan to abolish foreigner registration from July 2020

Post by Duncan Wilson »

I'm just back from Uzbekistan. Flew into and out of the country at Tashkent. There was no request to see registration forms at the airport on departure. We were given registration slips at all but one hotel, which we kept just in case, but never needed them. The entire process of entering and leaving using Tashkent Airport was very quick and easy, and we were not asked about where we stayed.
0 x