Who said the borders are closed?
0 x

asianrider

Re: Uzbekistan travel restrictions/reopening Q&A

Post by asianrider »

bwv812 wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:37 pm
Who said the borders are closed?
OK, I see the point. As far as the Uzbeks are concerned, the border is open. But since one needs IDC permission, it is as good as closed.
Sorry for the off-topic, let's move the discussion to the Kaz forum.
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

Yes, Kazakhstan requires a certificate for non-bilateral entrance. But the Uzbek authorities aren't going to talk about what Kazakhstan requires, only about what Uzbek border services requires: their border is open.
0 x

elhabibi

Post by elhabibi »

Hi guys,

I just traveled yesterday from Amsterdam to Tashkent via Riga and I can say that there aren't any covid related restrictions. I was asked in Amsterdam to make sure that I have the QR code for Vaccine and PCR test ready before flight, but nobody actually checked anywhere. In Riga the lady from the checking desk took a glimpse (I had to check in again for the flight) at my vaccination paper but didn't scan it or look properly at it. It could have been a promotion at McDonald's on that QR 😂.

In Uzbekistan itself there are no restrictions related to Covid either. Hope this information helps.
2 x

fg_fita

Post by fg_fita »

Hello everyone.

There's any new on the Samarkand-Panjakent border? As far as I know, is open and you just need a PCR or a vaccination document to go through. And also they gonna make you a rapid test on the border.

Any recent info could be great. Thanks :)
0 x

Hoin

Post by Hoin »

Hi guys, i have a question.

Do I need PCR test result for crossing Osh-Andijan border?
0 x

elhabibi

Post by elhabibi »

According to the US gov:
Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? Only for unvaccinated travelers.

Effective March 16, 2022, foreign citizens can travel to Uzbekistan with a vaccination certificate or vaccine passport.

For travelers without vaccination documents, a negative PCR COVID-19 test performed within 72 hours of arrival is required for entry to Uzbekistan.

Travelers arriving at land borders may need to take a rapid screening test on arrival even if presenting a negative PCR test.

Foreign citizens who test positive on arrival at a land border will be denied entry into Uzbekistan unless they are permanent residents of Uzbekistan.
So if you are vaccinated, they probably won't ask you for a PCR Test or worst case they will conduct one themselves. When I flew in nobody looked at anything, but I'd be curious if things are different at land borders. Keep us posted please 🙏🏻
0 x

Teddy B

Post by Teddy B »

First post, great website [what LP Thorn Tree was like before it was bought out and spoiled], keep up the good work, its appreciated!

Anyway, looks as though Uzbekistan will be open/no Covid restrictions from the 10th June 2022:

https://mfa-uz.translate.goog/ru/press/ ... r_pto=wapp
1 x

dk2022

Post by dk2022 »

Yes, in September at the Uzbekistan-Tajikistan border crossing at Samarkand-Penjakent no covid-19 certificates or tests were required. Full report:
https://travelbeforethecrowds.com/how-t ... an-border/
0 x